Luscious Carbon Curves

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited September 22, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
The news about the 5DmkII has got me a little inspired again. Maybe I will pick up a used mI later on next year. Anyways, I recently bought a bike (as in bicycle) and took some "abstract" photos of it today. Hope you enjoy!

I Love the shape of carbon fiber frames. There is only so much you can do with steel. Aluminum is more flexible, but not nearly as much as carbon fiber. And while I was cleaning the bike I actually lifted it above my head and spun it to get the other side with one hand. Gotta love that too.
375831421_SSukB-XL.jpg

More shape... complex shapes on the tubes make the bike so dreamy IMO. Plus the noise that CF bikes make on the road is just so soothing.
375831923_GrkXG-XL.jpg

My oldest jersey's pockets ripped at the bottom so I sewed 'em up. Haven't done any sewing since middle school (home ec. blegh!) and had no idea what I was doing. I decided to make a cross pattern here because it looked cool.
375843254_Wjex8-M.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    I would have liked to see a lot more DOF.

CF rides are nice, too. So light. I got a Bianchi aluminum frame with CF forks years ago. I wanted all CF, but the spouse put the nix on that.
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Congrats on the bike! I like the shallow DOF. Very nice shapes!

And nice job on sewing your pocket! :)
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    jsedlak wrote:
    The news about the 5DmkII has got me a little inspired again. Maybe I will pick up a used mI later on next year. Anyways, I recently bought a bike (as in bicycle) and took some "abstract" photos of it today. Hope you enjoy!

I Love the shape of carbon fiber frames. There is only so much you can do with steel. Aluminum is more flexible, but not nearly as much as carbon fiber. And while I was cleaning the bike I actually lifted it above my head and spun it to get the other side with one hand. Gotta love that too.

More shape... complex shapes on the tubes make the bike so dreamy IMO. Plus the noise that CF bikes make on the road is just so soothing.

My oldest jersey's pockets ripped at the bottom so I sewed 'em up. Haven't done any sewing since middle school (home ec. blegh!) and had no idea what I was doing. I decided to make a cross pattern here because it looked cool.

Thanks for looking!

I like your sewing shot clap.gif very nice cross stitch hehehe,
    like little kisses, I'm truely impressed I am, I am :D

I'm just assuming your a guy who can sew right?
    Thats one pretty slick looking bike you have there too thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    Thanks all! I am actually going to be retaking the shots either today or tomorrow to get a better backdrop for the bike. Perhaps on some grass to contrast the blue and black.
    Skippy wrote:
    I like your sewing shot clap.gif very nice cross stitch hehehe,
    like little kisses, I'm truely impressed I am, I am :D

I'm just assuming your a guy who can sew right?
    Thats one pretty slick looking bike you have there too thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D

I am a guy but I do not "know" how to sew. I did learn in a Home Economics course we all had to take in 6th grade (~11 years ago?). The only thing I can remember from that course is that Apple's OS9 likes to freeze A LOT, Oregon Trail is an awesome game and how to thread a needle.

When I sewed the shirt I basically just went with what looked nice and then tied it off on one end. thumb.gif
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    RogersDA wrote:
    I would have liked to see a lot more DOF.

Perhaps this one will do it for you?

376520278_8qusY-L.jpg
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    jsedlak wrote:
    Perhaps this one will do it for you?
    I am digging that one a lot. Coolness.