Oregon Coast 2008

bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
edited September 24, 2008 in Landscapes
A few from our August trip to the Oregon Coast.

p694555447-5.jpg

p554115310-4.jpg

p935444787-4.jpg

p794857194-4.jpg

Thanks for having a look - it was a great trip.
Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Hey, we could stand to see a few more here! :D Love that first one! Glad you enjoyed your time on the coast.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Hey, we could stand to see a few more here! :D Love that first one! Glad you enjoyed your time on the coast.

Thanks for taking a look Elaine - will try to post more as I have time to look them over. As with any vacation - you take hundreds of photos and then have no time once you are home to even play with them. ne_nau.gif
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    Hey, we could stand to see a few more here! :D Glad you enjoyed your time on the coast.

15524779-Ti.gif:D
    Understand image select, prep & share also. Takes a lot of time.
    Michael
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    Looks like some great weather!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    DaddyO wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif:D
    Understand image select, prep & share also. Takes a lot of time.

It's just crazy to be honest. Hundreds of photos taken on a week long trip like this in four separate folders and I struggle to find time to even look at them let alone process them, upload to a photo sharing service and then post here.

I would like to share more and will try to do so. Thanks for stopping by Michael.
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Looks like some great weather!

We were so lucky in that regard - this was the second week of August and we had spectacular weather most of the time we were there. The coast is always a bit of crap shoot in the weather department. Even in mid summer you need to have a jacket and/or a slicker handy! :D
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,878 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Nice pictures. Looke like a great area to spend some time.

I wouldn't mind living in the house on the third picture
    edited September 24, 2008
    GSPeP wrote:
    Nice pictures. Looke like a great area to spend some time.

I wouldn't mind living in the house on the third picture

It is simply some breathtaking scenery all along the coast of Oregon, well worth the time to explore it photographically.

The structure in the third picture is actually a gift shop and it is literally built right on the edge of that rock wall cliff. The view from the back window that gift shop is just amazing - gives you the effect of standing in mid air.

That spot is called Cape Foulweather and it is worth the stop.