thinking about changing my entry...

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited September 20, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
opinions please... I'm thinking about going in a different direction... should I stick with my current entry or change to something completely different...

current
371738696_a7PZC-XL.jpg

or one of these 3... I would call them something witty like... "'bout time to harvest that ther corn'

375886648_Lm6Ny-XL.jpg

375887659_HGWjz-XL.jpg

375888607_riCdz-XL.jpg

All comments are most appreciated! :D

Winston

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2008
    Of these, I like your #1 corn shot the most. The bird house is OK, but there's something about the texture in that particular corn shot that's really eye-catching, IMO. The colors in #2 look a little odd and the DOF is off on the third one.

The only thing I'd change in that #1 corn shot is the upper left corner. I'd try to either clone out the blurry thing in the left corner, or add a vignette to the photo to make that blurry thing look less obvious.

Of the ones you've submitted the #1 corn shot and the broken window shot are my favorites.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    richtersl wrote:
    Of these, I like your #1 corn shot the most. The bird house is OK, but there's something about the texture in that particular corn shot that's really eye-catching, IMO. The colors in #2 look a little odd and the DOF is off on the third one.

The only thing I'd change in that #1 corn shot is the upper left corner. I'd try to either clone out the blurry thing in the left corner, or add a vignette to the photo to make that blurry thing look less obvious.

Of the ones you've submitted the #1 corn shot and the broken window shot are my favorites.

Thanks Linda! I always appreciate your input!

Winston
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    What are you going for, man, two in a row?!

I don't usually comment when someone already has an entry in, but I agree that you replaced your original. I think the birdhouse meets the theme very well, and your effects tastefully enhance the character of the image.

Great job!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    HoofClix wrote:
    What are you going for, man, two in a row?!

I don't usually comment when someone already has an entry in, but I agree that you replaced your original. I think the birdhouse meets the theme very well, and your effects tastefully enhance the character of the image.

Great job!

Two in a row... sure! :D fewer competitors in the in the big round... thumb.gif

Winston
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    1 or 3 in that order
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section