Options

Reflections

david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
edited May 1, 2005 in Landscapes
This morning was grey overcast and perfectly calm. Made for some nice reflections in the canal:

20871054-L.jpg

20897977-L.jpg

20871039-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2005
    They're all nice but the middle one is just beautiful. I love it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    AL
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    SusanBSusanB Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    The second one is simply wonderful! thumb.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Susan
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    SusanB wrote:
    The second one is simply wonderful! thumb.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Susan

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    THE TOOTHTHE TOOTH Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    what kind of camera are you using? Great pics. I agree, the second pic is great!
    You can't handle THE TOOTH!!!
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2005
    Thanks Allen, Susan, Shay and Tooth. I like the middle shot best as well.
    Tooth, I used my D2H with the 18-70 kit lens from the D70 for all these. I find that early morning grey skies produce a nice light for these kind of landscapes.

I've also just started using the Bibble Photoshop plug-in for my RAW conversions. So far, I'm really pleased with the results I'm getting.
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    Very very nice. Great color. Was this the natural saturation or did you increase somehow?

I'd say you are running into some of the same issues sharpening this kind of scene that I always do. Enough sharpening for the main subject is too much for the tree branches. I'm still trying to nail a good approach for this. It's not really a problem in your images unless you are super sensitive to it (as you can imagine I am now.)
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    There's a great atmosphere in these pictures, David. Excellent!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2005
    Rutt - thanks for the comments. It looks as though we are busy taking similar shots not too far from each other.

The colours on these came from adjusting the curve in Bibble. For the middle picture I simply hit the auto levels button and this is what it gave me. I'm really enjoying Bibble, I can get the pictures to look close to how I want them quicker than any other program I've tried.

Agree with the sharpening issue. I'd actually set an action which quite agressively sharpens the detail chanel in lab mode. Looking at some of your posts, I think I'm going to spend a bit more time on fine tuning sharpening. Maybe the ideal solution will be to put different parts of the image onto their own layers and sharpen them seperatly.

Marlof - thank you for checking in. Let me know when you come to New England. There are a ton of good places for photography, and quite a few preople here live in this area.
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2005
    Beautiful shots David!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    Beautiful shots David!
    Thank you Nir. This park is right in the city where I live in Southern New Hampshire. It has a totally different personality in each season so there is always something new to photograph. The challange is to strive to get better each time.