Eastern Utah MX Photographer...I'm a Noob!

bbentley392tbbentley392t Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited September 20, 2008 in Sports
How goes it,
My name is Brad Bentley. I'm a 23 year old kid from Price, Utah...A small town of 8,500 people located just 125 miles south of Salt Lake City. For 48 hours a week my day job consists of working for "Arch Coal Inc.", at CFC-Skyline Coal Mine. However when I'm not working to pay the bills, I'm working for pleasure as an amatuer MX & Off-Road Racing Photographer for "Kawasaki Motor Corp.", "Cycle News Magazine", "ProMoto.TV" and "Garth Frandsen Photography". When I'm not riding my dirt-bike or photographing a race...you'll probably find me somewhere on top of the Utah mountains with my bow hunting Mule Deer. I'm also an avid outdoorsman who loves to camp & hike throughout the panoramic paradise & land of contrast known as UTAH!

I'm an official "newbie" to the Digital Grin family, I'm way excited to be here and hope to be able to share some photos, make some friends, and learn as much as I possibly can about photography in the process. My story is kind of basic, but here goes: I've always been a dirt-bike guy...I've been riding and racing since I was a kid. I'm actually a really good rider with decent speed & skill...however, not good enough to pursue a career in racing. So instead of abandoning my love & hobby, I just started to pursue another hobby of mine and try to connect it with my love for dirt-bikes. I started like everyone does...all on their lonesome and lacking essential knowledge. I started to chase local racing series' and posted my work on some local blogs. Then I started working as an assistant for a local race photographer, taveling across Utah photographing Motocross races and selling our shots to the racers. After a few years of small time shooting, I started to make friends higher up in the racing scene. Because of these friendships and my natural nac for race photography, I've started to make a name for myself in the industry...but it's still pretty small! The past 2 years I've been extremely fortunate enough to have the oportunity to photograph for one of my greatest friends and the best Desert Racer of all time...5x AMA National Hare & Hound Champion, Destry Abbott. My relationship with Destry has opened many doors for me...two of which I mentioned earlier, with "Kawasaki" and "Cycle News". Because I'm still a young amateur, I haven't quite hit the big time yet...which obviously means I'm extremely limited to what I can photograph. Until I make it to the top...which may never happen due to the over abundance of professional photog's in this business...I mainly cover professional off-road events only here in Utah, and a few in Nevada....such as the WORCS Series, AMA Hare & Hound Series and AMA Endurocross. My dream is to become a professional Photo-Journalist for a major MX publication, I feel as though I'm well on my way...but if it never happens, at least I've got an amazing hobby to keep me busy on the weekends!

I sincerely hope to attain priceless knowledge and friendships here! I'll try my best to be a productive member and contribute as much as I can. Below I'm posting a few of my race images spanning the last 2 years. They include images form Motocross, FMX, SuperMoto and Off-Road racing. I welcome all comments and/or crtiscisms...any input I recieve will benefit me and do nothing other than to make me a better photographer. Thanks for looking and reading, I look forward to talking with you and submitting my work for your critique for years to come!

Later,
Brad Bentley

GNF_0020.jpg

GNF_0010.jpg

GNF_0002.jpg

GNF_0003.jpg

GNF_0014.jpg

GNF_0016.jpg

GNF_0028.jpg

GNF_0032.jpg

GNF_0035.jpg

GNF_0039.jpg

GNF_0048.jpg

GNF_0058.jpg

GNF_0067.jpg

GNF_0068.jpg

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

_MG_8926.jpg

_MG_8923.jpg

_MG_8857.jpg

_MG_8537.jpg

_MG_7908.jpg

_MG_7808.jpg

_MG_6607.jpg

_MG_6598.jpg

_MG_6547.jpg

_MG_6476.jpg

_MG_6471.jpg

_MG_6446.jpg

RaceShot1.jpg

USRAFirebirds071.jpg

RussJericho071.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

Comments

• erson83erson83 Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    newbie my ass!!!
  • bbentley392tbbentley392t Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    erson83 wrote:
    newbie my ass!!!

How goes it,
    I sincerely apologize for the misleading lable of "Newbie". It was not meant to be implied the way that you've percieved it...What I meant was, I'm a Newbie to this forum. However I still conside myself a relatively new photographer in the Motorcycle industry...I've still got an exteremly long way to go in order be up to par with the best in the game.

Later,
    Brad Bentley
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    Brad.... Nice work! I to am somewhat new to the Dgrin forums, and look forward you posting more pics! I just posted some shots of some MX Freestyle... Basically, if its got a motor in it - I will take a pic of it!
    ...more to come!
    Brad.... Nice work! I to am somewhat new to the Dgrin forums, and look forward you posting more pics! I just posted some shots of some MX Freestyle... Basically, if its got a motor in it - I will take a pic of it!

How goes it,
    It's good to meet you...glad to hear that you do a little FMX photography. FMX is a blast to shoot, but it's one of the major aspects of the dirt-bike world that is absolutley inundated with photographers & videoographers. It's way popular & entertaining...so it makes sense. That's exactly why I try to dedicate most of my time & efforts to the Off-Road & Desert scene...not as much competition, and it's kind of my roots!

Later,
    Brad Bentley
    How goes it,
    Here are a few of my images form the last race I photographed on August 31st 2008. These are shots from the "Pro & Semi-Pro" event of the Monticello, Utah WORCS (World Off-Road Chapionship Series). For those of you who don't know exactly what the WORCS series is...here's a little education. The WORCS series is one of the premier off-road professional championship series in the Western United States. It is essentially an "Off-Road" event, however it contains enough elemnts of Motocross to add another levle of flare & competiton...which is exactly what makes the series so immensly popular. Each event is based around a Motocross track, from which all of the races start at the gate. They then proceed to alternate between doing laps on the MX track, as well as a 5-10 mile off-road course. It's an amazing series...from both a racers standpoint & media. Before becoming a photographer, I used to race in this series at the 2 annual stops on the tour here in Utah. The races are not run in an "amount of laps" layout...rather they are timed events, usually lasting just over 2 hours.

ENJOY! Please let me know what you think.

Later,
    Brad Bentley

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-38.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-37.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-36.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunday_0.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_satur-1.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_satur-3.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_satur-2.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-44.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-43.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-42.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-41.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-40.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-39.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-35.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-34.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-33.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-32.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-31.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-30.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-28.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-27.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-26.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-25.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-24.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-23.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-22.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-21.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-20.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-19.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-18.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-17.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-16.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-15.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunday_1.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-14.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-13.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-12.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-11.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-10.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-9.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-8.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-7.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-6.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-5.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-4.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-3.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-2.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunday_2.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-81.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-80.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-79.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-78.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-77.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-76.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-75.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-74.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-73.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-72.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-71.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-70.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-69.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-68.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-67.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-66.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-65.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-64.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-63.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-62.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-61.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-60.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-59.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-58.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-57.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunday_3.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-56.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-55.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-54.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-53.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-52.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-51.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-50.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-49.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-48.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-47.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-46.jpg

bbentley_monticelloWORCS08_sunda-45.jpg
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    Nice pics, but giving a link would be better than posting an album in a post. 10 or so is reasonable.
    jonh68 wrote:
    Nice pics, but giving a link would be better than posting an album in a post. 10 or so is reasonable.

How goes it,
    As you probably can tell I'm still a forum "NOOB"...so I haven't figured out little time saving alternatives like that yet. ne_nau.gif I apologize if the way I post my photography bothers you...I'll tyr harder next time. rolleyes1.gif

Later,
    Brad Bentley