Beyond The Rose Garden

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited September 23, 2008 in Landscapes

Comments

• ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    Gorgeous shot! I've been sitting here for five minutes trying to come up with something else to say about it but that first sentence sums everything up quite nicely. Absolutely beautiful.
  • nachtmerrienachtmerrie Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    Very dynamic. I like it.
    (I'm not too crazy about the border though. I think it takes away from the shot.)
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    Very dynamic. I like it.
    (I'm not too crazy about the border though. I think it takes away from the shot.)

Thanks very much. Do you prefer this border?

377062178_AEkXQ-XL.jpg
  • nachtmerrienachtmerrie Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    I do. I think it makes the photo look so much better. :D
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    Awesome! I only wish the sun wasn't dead center.
    edited September 22, 2008
    I do. I think it makes the photo look so much better. :D

Thank you very much thumb.gif
    cj99si wrote:
    Awesome! I only wish the sun wasn't dead center.

Thanks CJ.
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    The black border does work a lot better than the white one. The sun being in the center doesn't bother me at all. You've got so much other interesting stuff going on in the shot that it is alright for my eyes to keep getting drawn back to see what else I've missed. If the sun was the main subject then I could see that as a problem but you've got several layers of interest working at the same time.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    Dan-

I like that there are several interesting points in this shot. The sky, the sun star, & the different light on the two benches. thumb.gif

I do think there are some cropping possibilities though that could enhance the feel of the shot.

I would crop the right side in to the fence post and palm tree and the left in towards the palm tree on that side. Still try to keep as much sky as possible and a good amount of foreground shadow as they are a big part of the feel.deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited September 23, 2008
    The black border does work a lot better than the white one. The sun being in the center doesn't bother me at all. You've got so much other interesting stuff going on in the shot that it is alright for my eyes to keep getting drawn back to see what else I've missed. If the sun was the main subject then I could see that as a problem but you've got several layers of interest working at the same time.

Thanks very much for taking the time to critique thumb.gif
    edited September 23, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Dan-

I like that there are several interesting points in this shot. The sky, the sun star, & the different light on the two benches. thumb.gif

I do think there are some cropping possibilities though that could enhance the feel of the shot.

I would crop the right side in to the fence post and palm tree and the left in towards the palm tree on that side. Still try to keep as much sky as possible and a good amount of foreground shadow as they are a big part of the feel.deal.gif

Thanks Aaron. I will play around with the crop. Appreciate your feedback. :D