Options

First Wedding EVER!!

kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited September 23, 2008 in Weddings
I have a co-worker that had just moved into town and was getting married. It was a small wedding on the beach and on a tight budget. I offered to do her pictures for free and told her my experience and she had sseen all of my picutres. She took me up on the offer and I had the best time! I got advice here before hand, some of which made me more nervous about how hard it was going to be and all of the pressure. It was both of these but I stil had a great time and can't wait to do it again! I have a Nikon D40 and some accessories and only additional lense. Considering this I htink I did a pretty good job. She loves the pictures. Oh, I'm not experienced at all in potoshop, lucky for me she is a graphic designer so she could work her own magic on her own pictures! so the ones I have below I have done some minimul stuff in iphot on my Mac but thats it. I think I took 800 but I didnt think I needed to take up everyones entire day. Let me know what you think. I'm kinda nervous!:puke1
everyonelikesai4.jpg
roseandbeachcx0.jpg
rwilliamsku9.jpg
weddingdressba6.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    I definitely like #1 and 4! She has a very serene and somber atmosphere around her! And the background and sand match the flowers!

#4 has a dreamy look to it!

#2, was the dropped flower in the left corner intentional? I think it adds to the element of the story if there were a couple more that lead to the bride and groom walking.

#3, pretty sharp, but there is shadow near her nose.

Good job on the first one!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    Thanks that means a lot! the flower in the corner was not an intentional dropping, they were just wlaking to the water for more pictures and it fell. But i definitly thought it would add to the picture so I just had to inlude it. the first one seems to be our families favorite. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    #1 - Very sweet picture and that's were good photographs start. Some PS work on the clouds and some contrast on her would really make this a strong winner.

#4 is also a good start but needs some PS TLC to bring out the magic that's there but hidden.

#2 and #3 don't do a lot for me.

For a first wedding, I would have to say you hit at least a 3-bagger if not a home run (would depend on the other 796 photos you took:D).
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    #1 - Very sweet picture and that's were good photographs start. Some PS work on the clouds and some contrast on her would really make this a strong winner.

#4 is also a good start but needs some PS TLC to bring out the magic that's there but hidden.

#2 and #3 don't do a lot for me.

For a first wedding, I would have to say you hit at least a 3-bagger if not a home run (would depend on the other 796 photos you took:D).

Yeah ... just don't post 63 photos of them in one post. That's my goal! rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2008
    I will have to post more pictures so I can get some more opinions. Thanks so much for saying something about my pictures Scott. That really means a lot coming from you!!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    tomautotomauto Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    What a great location! I am so jealous. I love your first shot! Hopefully you get something out of the deal as you seem to have done a great job :D
    My Smugmug Site! http://tomauto.smugmug.com/
    Canon Quality l Canon 30D l Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 "L" IS Lens l Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS Lens l Canon 580ex ii Flash l Canon 580ex Flash l Canon BG-E2N Battery Grip
    Strobist 101 kit l Bogen / Manfrotto Super Clamp l Westcott Umbrellas - Soft Silver Collapsible and Optical White 43" l Bogen / Manfrotto 3373 Light Stand l Photoflex Multiclamp