Possibly a dumb question, but...

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited September 20, 2008 in Cameras
Remote shutter release for a Rebel XT. I've googled and seen some cables, but where do they plug in? (I SAID this might be a stupid question!). I also gather - even though I've yet to find a picture - that there are infrared, cable-less ones (although I'm guessing that anything that exotic will be out of my price range).

Geek though I am, sometimes I think it was much easier when things were mechanical instead of electronic ...!

So, what are my options? I'm hoping to take a family picture with me in it, hence the question. Cheap solution is good. VERY cheap solution is even better :)

TIA!

(And this time I DID mean to put it in "cameras" on the grounds that while it may be an accessory, it's controllling the camera, thus... If I got it wrong and it should be on the Accessories board, my apologies Ziggy! :)

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited September 20, 2008
    The remote connector is just below the video out port and just above the USB connector, under the rubber cover on the side of the camera.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2008
    Yep, dumb question! Thanks so much - I can't believe I didn't think of that.... :)