780-e2381.jpg

780-e2379.jpg

780-e2371.jpg

792-e2402-v2.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    I find 2 interesting and I'm wondering how this occurred? I also like number 4. thumb.gif
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    dlplumer wrote:
    I find 2 interesting and I'm wondering how this occurred? I also like number 4. thumb.gif

Thank you. #2 is the result of rain a day or two before, then wind blowing the fine sand at the very peak of the dune's ridge off to the leeward.
    Anybody can do it.
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    I was intrigued by #2 also. The detail and contrast are great.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    wfeller wrote:
    Thank you. #2 is the result of rain a day or two before, then wind blowing the fine sand at the very peak of the dune's ridge off to the leeward.

That's REALLY cool to know that this is 100% natural. It's amazing the things that happen out there when we're not looking. I'm glad you are able to capture it and show it to us.

I really, really like #3 and #4. Great desert abstracts!
    edited September 25, 2008
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    I was intrigued by #2 also. The detail and contrast are great.

Thank you!
    Anybody can do it.
    schmoo wrote:
    That's REALLY cool to know that this is 100% natural. It's amazing the things that happen out there when we're not looking. I'm glad you are able to capture it and show it to us.

I really, really like #3 and #4. Great desert abstracts!

Thank you Schmoo. Editing this series kind of brought me back around to why I enjoy doing this so much in the first place. I get to experience the details. To me, the sandy ridgeline breaking away in the wind after the rain dried is just so cool! Seeing the blade of grass at this stage of its decomposition, looking into the shadow of the dunes in the morning light ... Knowing these dunes aren't being replenished, that one day they'll be gone, and, they've been here so long that the grains of rose quartz sand have rounded into perfect little microscopic spheres. This perfect little shape is what makes the dunes boom under one's footsteps, and roar in the wind. There's a native history too. Very sad and tragic. So much, just really glad to see what I see and can share parts of it.
    Anybody can do it.
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    Nice shots of one of my favorite places to shoot. thumb.gif
    edited September 26, 2008
    OffTopic wrote:
    Nice shots of one of my favorite places to shoot. thumb.gif

Thanks. I wish I could make it out there more often. Early December I'll be west a few miles. Looking forward to seeing some new scenery.
    Anybody can do it.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    wfeller wrote:
    Thanks. I wish I could make it out there more often. Early December I'll be west a few miles. Looking forward to seeing some new scenery.
    Where is this? I want this, too...mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • OffTopicOffTopic Registered Users Posts: 521 Major grins
    Kelso Dunes.

My experience of shooting there in all seasons except the dead of summer, the best sunset and sunrise light is in the winter. Down side is that the overnight temps can get below freezing (my water froze one night last winter rolleyes1.gif). The dunes are beautiful in the spring when the ground is a literal carpet of wildflowers, but the light is not as good. Something to do with the angle of the sun.

I'll be making at least one winter run out there if you want to tag along Nikolai.
  • SaltWaterHippoSaltWaterHippo Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    2 looks like something people would use as a desktop background