Options

To Everyone thinking of going PRO - DO IT!!!

valeriecookvaleriecook Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited September 28, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Just a little shameless bragging and happiness going on here!!!! I opened my Smugmug Pro account at the end of July - it hurt my bank account to pay the $150, but I was a pbase client and smugmug's unlimited storage was veyr appealing!

I now spend $20 per wedding to order table cards (zazzle.com), the brides love them!
As of today: 1 1/2 months later - I have $443.15 in profit - woo hooo!!
:lustI love smugmug! All of my clients that ordered have been super happy with the service as well.

Thanks and GO PRO!

~Val www.valeriecook.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    PhotobycatePhotobycate Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    That wonderful Valerie. Congratulations to you and many, many, more sales too!!!!

Just a little shameless bragging and happiness going on here!!!! I opened my Smugmug Pro account at the end of July - it hurt my bank account to pay the $150, but I was a pbase client and smugmug's unlimited storage was veyr appealing!

I now spend $20 per wedding to order table cards (zazzle.com), the brides love them!
    As of today: 1 1/2 months later - I have $443.15 in profit - woo hooo!!
    iloveyou.gifI love smugmug! All of my clients that ordered have been super happy with the service as well.

Thanks and GO PRO!

~Val www.valeriecook.smugmug.com
  • Options
    BiffbradfordBiffbradford Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    I opened my account 6 months ago.

I only shoot bicycle races and have been mulling it over and over in my head ... is it all really worth it?

Just checking my sales numbers ... I broke even! deal.gif

Well, not including gas getting to the races, but I find it encouraging for a 6 month venture.

I find it interesting that although I shoot only within 300 miles of home, I've had page hits from all around the world. Europe, Asia, Australia, even the Middle East!

Not to mention all the great new people I have met this summer, the neat places I've gone to shoot pictures that I wouldn't have gone to anyway, and it's all been a lot of fun.

I say ... game on! :ivar
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Valerie, can you post an example of the table cards that you use? I've just been handing out business cards with the website and have a sign up sheet for "email me when these pics are available" list.
    I find it interesting that although I shoot only within 300 miles of home, I've had page hits from all around the world. Europe, Asia, Australia, even the Middle East!

Bill, how can we tell where the hits are coming from? I use the regular SM stats page but didn't know we could break it down into more details.
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    BiffbradfordBiffbradford Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    jhelms wrote:
    Valerie, can you post an example of the table cards that you use? I've just been handing out business cards with the website and have a sign up sheet for "email me when these pics are available" list.

Bill, how can we tell where the hits are coming from? I use the regular SM stats page but didn't know we could break it down into more details.
    I inserted a "Gostats" stats and traffic tracker by html into the footer (?). There is a free tracker and one for $12 / month and it breaks down all the traffic real nicely. Just recently I found another free one that shows the locations (I can't get to my site now ... this connection I'm on SUX!). Just go to Peloton-Pix.Com and look at the bottom and you'll see what I've got running. Heck, yesterday, I had a hit from Malaysia! (not that they bought anything).cool32.gif
  • Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    Today I installed a statcounter code but it hasn't started working yet, I'll check on it in a little bit...
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    valeriecookvaleriecook Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    jhelms wrote:

Here's a couple shots of the table cards - they are double sided - the back side has an invitation to visit my website. They also allow for images to be put on the cards - I have done some with engagement portraits on them.
    http://www.valeriecook.smugmug.com/gallery/5857161_pYREW#363693806_zb53q

http://valeriecook.smugmug.com/gallery/5997554_rr9Rs#375548686_cAJhi