Options

FS: Complete Nikon KIT (2) D200's lot's more

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited September 27, 2008 in Nikon Land
Thanks everyone for the concern and advice. Things will work out

Today I received an email (good news I hope) that informed me the county (Orange) I live in was added to the eligible list for individual disaster aid on the 12th from FEMA. So I started the process too request help. It could take ten days before a decision is made. If I do not qualify for assistance I will except the offer I received though a PM. MM

Added link to pictures of kit and put shutter count next to cameras in list

http://teamracephotos.smugmug.com/gallery/2784955_aomDh#P-1-25
Sold only as whole lot $4,000.00
D200 USA two batteries shutter count = 24130
D200 USA two batteries shutter count = 105162
Three 4gig SanDisk Extreme III Compact Flash
Nikon 50mm f1.4
Nikon USA 70-200mm VR f2.8
Nikon 105 f2.8 macro non VR
Nikon 18-70mm f3.5
Nikon SB800 Flash
Flash Bracket
LowePro bag Slingshot 300aw
Gary Fong Globe
Canon cp600 Dye Sub Printer with supplies
Pelican hard case
Kenko Extension tube set
Misc Lens protectors and filters
Do to all the rain we had from TS Fay.
The septic system has failed at my home. We can't shower or flush the toilet without water flooding the house. It's not pretty. The bank could not help so I have to sell my kit.
$4,000.00
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 21, 2008
    Too bad you dont wanna sell the sb800 by itself...If ya change your mind shoot me a message.
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    oh my god...if someone finds me a $4,000 scholarship for school, I'll buy this right now so you can have a new septic system.

I live out in "Hicksville", NJ myself, and know how much of a pain a septic system can be. I truly hope someone needs a setup like this to get you on your way.

And, as above poster said, if it comes down to individual items, please let us know. I know the septic systems come out to be a lot, but you might have better luck selling as pieces, as I guess few on here need a whole kit like that. Most people that would buy a whole kit don't have gear yet and aren't going to sink 4k into a camera system.

Either way it goes, good luck, and I'm praying for you and your family!
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    If you broke it up I think you would get more than $4000. The 70-200VR alone could go for $1200 VERY easily depending on condition...and it could even go for more than that.

Photos are important as are shutter accuations on the D200's.

Just did a quick guesstimate on what you would get:
    D200 USA two batteries - $700 (if low shutter count)
    D200 USA two batteries - $700
    Three 4gig SanDisk Extreme III Compact Flash - $30 apiece = $90
    Nikon 50mm f1.4 - $225
    Nikon USA 70-200mm VR f2.8 - $1500
    Nikon 105 f2.8 macro non VR - $400
    Nikon 18-70mm f3.5 - $150
    Nikon SB800 Flash - $225

That alone is almost $4,000 and that's not including the rest of the stuff you have. I agree..selling it as a kit is going to be hard. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the concern and advice
    I am afraid if I broke it up I would not be able to sell all of it, thus not raise the money needed. Then I would not have a new septic, and not have a complete kit. This was really a hard choice to make but I did not have any other option. I will get the shutter actuations and some pictures up ASAP. Both D200's are used one I purchase new the second I purchase used from Harry (Egret Man) last February. They both have seen a lot of use but are still great shape. I spent the weekend trying to fix this myself (and $500.00 I did not have to spend) but it did not help. The water table has come up so much that I need to install a "Mound System" which is from $7,000.00 to $10,000.00. Thanks again for the concern and advice. MM
    — Lord Byron
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    Keh
    The prices the other poster mentioned would really move me at least. Just wanted to be sure you knew about KEH. Though that'd mean bustin up you sale items!

so sorry to hear about the trouble down there!

tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    I really think you would have a quicker sale if you split the items up.

My advice? Sell the D200's for $650 each, the 70-200 for $1400, and so on. Post your items on several sites like here, NikonCafe, FredMiranda, Nikonians.org and I bet you will sell them quick.
  • Options
    bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    Maybe try to have a cake and eat it too: Ask people for interest PMs or emails in a period of, say, the next 3 days at every site you post the listing on. If you get a hit on the whole kit, great, but if not, you'll probably get a ton of hits on the items themselves! That way, you're not committing to selling anything unless you either get offers for most or all of the stuff, or an offer on the kit.

IMHO, considering that 70-200 is backordered EVERYWHERE, and as some say, Nikon can't make them fast enough, I'm sure you could fetch $1200-1400 like the others say. As for the other items more common, like the SB800, the people here love a great deal (I'm only a newbie and I've seen this!) and I'd honestly feel much better if I was going used, to buy from someone here who I know has loved their equipment like a child in the family.

I know you don't want to wait forever to fix the septic problem, as they are a royal pain in the a** for so many reasons, so my suggestion for moving this fast is to try and get interest notes and if you get enough at the right prices to move the stuff, then move it separately. If not, tell people, thanks, but not interested and keep it as a kit sale.

I'm sure this isn't what you'd love to do, but as many seem to feel, the stuff would probably move faster separate. Please let us know how everything goes, and if you do end up going with separate items, keep us posted on that too. I had my eye on an item or two when JohnR posted the "guesstimates" and if prices were similar (I understand needing to get good value for these, considering the circumstances, so I'd pay extra for the TLC you gave this gear) I could be putting a few bucks in the fund!

Hope you get this cleared up ASAP!

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • Options
    edited September 23, 2008
    D200 USA two batteries shutter count = 24130
    D200 USA two batteries shutter count = 105162

Ouch. Good luck with your sale. If you do consider breaking up the lot, I'll let people know that might be interested in your flash and lenses.
  • Options
    clavelesclaveles Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    If you do decide to sell the low click D200 on it's own I'd be really interested.
  • Options
    JasonLJasonL Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    high d200
    I would be interested in the high count d200
    So many toy's not enough money !

Nikon D300s. Nikon D40, Nikon FE, Nikon F
    Ansco Ancoset Rangefinder, Rolleiflex TLR Sb800, sb400

Nikon 18-200 VR, nikon 18-55 II, Sigma 10 20 HSM, 50mm f1.8 ai-s, 50mm Non Ai f1.4
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2008
    Thank you for the offer
    claveles wrote:
    If you do decide to sell the low click D200 on it's own I'd be really interested.

Thank you for the offer I was recently informed the county (Orange) I live in was added to the eligible list for individual disaster aid on the 12th from FEMA. So I started the process too request help. It could take ten days before a decision is made. If I do not qualify for assistance I will first accept the offer I received though a PM. If that does not go through I will contact you regarding your offer. Thank fully it has not rained for a few days, so we are back to showering in our own home. MM
    — Lord Byron
  • Options
    Thank you for the offer
    JasonL wrote:

Thank you for the offer I was recently informed the county (Orange) I live in was added to the eligible list for individual disaster aid on the 12th from FEMA. So I started the process too request help. It could take ten days before a decision is made. If I do not qualify for assistance I will first accept the offer I received though a PM. If that does not go through I will contact you regarding your offer. Thank fully it has not rained for a few days, so we are back to showering in our own home. MM
    — Lord Byron
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    One can only hope with all the money being bandied about that someone with a need could receive assistance~~good luck to ya~~tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    killians913killians913 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    claveles wrote:

PM sent.
  • Options
    killians913killians913 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    JasonL wrote:

PM sent
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited September 26, 2008
    Dont forget, I was first in line for the SB800
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2008
    I'm a bit confused. Has he decided to break it up? headscratch.gif And is this other person (killians913) the same person selling the gear?
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2008
    I do apologize for any confusion, me selling the gear Mark S. Mller "Teamracephotos"
    JohnR wrote:
    I'm a bit confused. Has he decided to break it up? headscratch.gif And is this other person (killians913) the same person selling the gear?

I do apologize for any confusion, if I had know about the FEMA help I would have not posted my gear until I knew the answer.

Currently I am trying to get FEMA assistance. I am waiting to hear if they will approve me for a loan or grant. If I receive this the gear will not be sold. If I do not receive this the gear will be sold to the first person that contacted me about the whole package. If that person does not want it any longer, I will break it up. Truly I do not want to sell but we need to have working toilets at my home. I have spent what little I had in savings trying to fix this myself but the first time we get any amount of rain it will stop working again. The ground water here has raised to the point my drain field is under water. There are many people in Orange County (and surrounding) that are much worse off then me, so I am uncertain if I will qualify for assistance. Right now it’s a waiting game. I do apologize for any confusion, if I had known about the FEMA help I would have not posted my gear until I knew the answer. On the other hand I learned about the FEMA help from this forum. Thank you all for the support. MM
    — Lord Byron