Options

Wedding Snapshot

du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
edited September 22, 2008 in Weddings
I'm new to photography on this level, and I understand the thought, experimentation, etc that goes into this art. I'm working on that. Sometimes, though, I think you just get lucky with a shot. I think this example is a case of dumb luck. I was taking a picture of my wife putting a flower on this groomsman, and he stepped back. I took this quick snap of him. Then I saw it, and said "wow".

I did some softening and a little cropping in PS.

C&C... Is this too soft? I like it printed (I did a quick 4x6), but I'm still trying to get a handle on how soft is too soft.

Thanks!

2877348324_a0ccf71f29_o_d.jpg
H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    Light doesn't get much better than this. Wonderful.

As for softness, it's pretty much a matter of taste and, to my taste, this is a bit too soft.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    it is taste!
    As the above poster said it best.

I might do one version this soft on Sunday. Think its not soft enough by Monday and wonder where all the softness went by Wednesday.

cheers, tom

ps: nice light!
    tom wise
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    it's a bit too soft for my tast as well..nice cappture though. And I agree .. "luck" is a big factor but luck is the intersection of prepareness and opportunity.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com