How do I get the shine off a uniform

dylansdigitalsdylansdigitals Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited September 22, 2008 in People
I have a picture (should be attached) that does not print well. The left shoulder of the uniform has a little extra shine on it and when we go to print it (or make a button of it) that left shoulder looks like it has been damaged.

What I want to do is to reduce the shine on the uniform or maybe darken that shoulder.

Let me know if you have any ideas - or quesitons.

The file was too large to be uploaded - here is the link to the gallery.

http://dylansdigitals.smugmug.com/gallery/5911791_wdbA6/1/370124729_DN3fD/Medium
Dylan's Digitals :click
Photography by: Denise Rowe
www.dylansdigitals.smugmug.com

Comments

• du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2008
    I'm no expert...
    Something like this?

2877694904_3fa8b5847b.jpg?v=0

I'm no expert, but here's what I did...

First, I used the quick mask tool to grab just the jersey.

Then, I put an adjustment layer (curves) on. I used a preset (darker) to get the results. I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for or not.

2876862693_1f66028457.jpg?v=0

Good Luck
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • dylansdigitalsdylansdigitals Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    That's closer
    That's a little closer but I wasn't wanting to darken the jersey just darken or take the shine off - smudge maybe - the player's left shoulder. (under the G and D of Image Copyrighted"

I only have Photoshop Elements.

Thanks
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    I have to say that on my monitor it just looks like the normal shine of that kind of material - it doesn't look like damage or anything else, just a rather accurate representation of what i assume is nylon/spandex jersey....

FWIW :)
  • dylansdigitalsdylansdigitals Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    divamum - I agree. On the monitor it looks fine but we had it made into a button and it looks like a damaged jersey on the button.
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    Button?
    Did you ask the buttons' printer? The folks who printed it? It could be like my first canvas thru SM when I didn't know to set true color and had it on auto, it washed out my photo....of course SM made it right and then some!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    Clone Tool
    The other thing I was thinking was to clone it out...
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff