Options

Which Laptop

2»

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited May 2, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Problem is, I think, that lynn has a windoze desktop, so having a mac laptop would make things confusing.
    why? you'd just be sharing image files? I do it all the time. I don't have a home PC anymore, pbook is the only one in our house as we are poor right now - MrsIt and I fight over it. But I do plenty of work on my PC in the lab, so I cross platforms often.

e hem.. er, Lynn, um... PM me if you're concerned about the "slippery slope"...
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    why? you'd just be sharing image files? I do it all the time. I don't have a home PC anymore, pbook is the only one in our house as we are poor right now - MrsIt and I fight over it. But I do plenty of work on my PC in the lab, so I cross platforms often.

I would guess that you'd have to buy duplicate software and perhaps some hardware, no? $$$$ ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:

I was talking about the PS license. That's not cross-platform. The rest is easy. Ask Andy.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    I would guess that you'd have to buy duplicate software and perhaps some hardware, no? $$$$ ne_nau.gif
    what hardware would you have to duplicate? headscratch.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited May 2, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    I was talking about the PS license. That's not cross-platform.
    It really should be, or at least on the cheap.
    Erik

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    but MacOS makes it SO easy to add an external monitor to extend the desktop
    FYI, easy to do this with XP as well... I run a 21" Viewsonic next to my laptop at work. :D
    Chris
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    There are only 3 or 4 notebook makers, they are all made by a few companies for the big boys. I use Micron (made by Acer) because I have 4 years warranty with next day exchange guarantee.

Is Micron even still in the business of selling notebooks? It's not on www.micron.com and google shows only used ones on ebay.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ubergeekubergeek Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Micron
    I don't think Micron was ever at www.micron.com. They were, however, at www.micronpc.com, but that's now a redirect to their latest Web site (and name), www.mpccorp.com (calling themselves "MPC").

Cheers,
    Jeremy
    rutt wrote:
    Is Micron even still in the business of selling notebooks? It's not on www.micron.com and google shows only used ones on ebay.

Jeremy Rosenberger

Zeiss Ikon, Nokton 40mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.2, Nokton 50mm f/1.5, Canon Serenar 85mm f/2
    Canon Digital Rebel XT, Tokina 12-24mm f/4, Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Canon 50mm f/1.4

http://ubergeek.smugmug.com/

• Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    Actually I use the link www.buympc.com now.
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    It really should be, or at least on the cheap.
    Yah. But I've made it my personal quest to ask Adobe about this policy about twice a year (since I'm both in the XP and the OS X camp), but they keep telling me I shall pay full price. So it doesn't sound like they're going to change this any time soon.
    enjoy being here while getting there