Sound and Vision Experience

ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
The "Sound and Vision Experience" is a museum. In it, you'll find everything about the history of audio-visual media. It's actually on top of the national media archives, in a very extraordinary building.

From their website: "Sound and Vision most closely resembles a fantasy town, just waiting to be explored by the visitor. Fifteen theme pavilions in one large space… Each pavilion is a world of its own – in size, atmosphere, experience and character. Whether you want to lose yourself in dreams in front of images of bygone times, to produce your own programme or to learn more about the relationship between power and the media: everything is possible."

It's a museum like I've never seen before. Very few things to 'just look at'. Most everything was interactive. The 'ticket' you get, is actually a ring. You wear it, and in it is a little chip. The first thing to do is 'log on' and enter your name and choose a guide (there are several tv-personalities to choose from). The guide will appear on several screens in the museum and tells you about things. You can later also add your email address. A lot of things you do, you do by using your ring. Everything is remembered, and you can later review everything you did/made by the link you get sent to you by email.

Unfortunately...... I wasn't allowed to take photos in the actual museum part :D But, the main hall/foyer and building was a go :barb

377904412_yLheH-XL.jpg

377903674_w9Eu8-XL.jpg

The ceiling:
377904912_m29G3-XL.jpg

Downstairs:
377905447_yN4Sb-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    That is one beautiful museum. The orange windows remind me of the movie Cube, but since you made it out OK and are posting your photos here on Dgrin I assume it wasn't quite the same experience. lol3.gif

For some reason your photos make me want to use this icon:

:s85
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    That is one beautiful museum. The orange windows remind me of the movie Cube, but since you made it out OK and are posting your photos here on Dgrin I assume it wasn't quite the same experience. lol3.gif

For some reason your photos make me want to use this icon:

:s85
    lol3.gif

The aliens came to earth, landed in the Netherlands, and created this museum :D

The museum was beautiful, actually. The inside was pretty awesome too. Too bad we couldn't take photos there.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    The "Sound and Vision Experience" is a museum. In it, you'll find everything about the history of audio-visual media. It's actually on top of the national media archives, in a very extraordinary building.

From their website: "Sound and Vision most closely resembles a fantasy town, just waiting to be explored by the visitor. Fifteen theme pavilions in one large space… Each pavilion is a world of its own – in size, atmosphere, experience and character. Whether you want to lose yourself in dreams in front of images of bygone times, to produce your own programme or to learn more about the relationship between power and the media: everything is possible."

It's a museum like I've never seen before. Very few things to 'just look at'. Most everything was interactive. The 'ticket' you get, is actually a ring. You wear it, and in it is a little chip. The first thing to do is 'log on' and enter your name and choose a guide (there are several tv-personalities to choose from). The guide will appear on several screens in the museum and tells you about things. You can later also add your email address. A lot of things you do, you do by using your ring. Everything is remembered, and you can later review everything you did/made by the link you get sent to you by email.

Unfortunately...... I wasn't allowed to take photos in the actual museum part :D But, the main hall/foyer and building was a go wings.gif

The ceiling:

Downstairs:

Ivar that is one Trendy Museum clap.gif

Nice use of colours and designs ..... did you email yourself at the end?

All those shots you've showed us look rather Cool.

Thanks for sharing, bet your going back again soon hu thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Ivar,

Saw this a couple of days ago, never commented, but I wanted to say, very cool space, and very nice shots! :D

The museum and the actual exhibits look and sound fascinating. I wanna!!!!!! :cry
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited September 25, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Ivar that is one Trendy Museum clap.gif

Nice use of colours and designs ..... did you email yourself at the end?

All those shots you've showed us look rather Cool.

Thanks for sharing, bet your going back again soon hu thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Hi Skip wave.gif

Yes, I did have myself emailed :D I'm going to visit some other places first, but I may be back at some point thumb.gif
    edited September 25, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Ivar,

Saw this a couple of days ago, never commented, but I wanted to say, very cool space, and very nice shots! :D

The museum and the actual exhibits look and sound fascinating. I wanna!!!!!! :cry
    Thanks, David thumb.gif

I think you would have really liked the museum, actually.