2:

378545557_jRZuU-XL.jpg

C&C welcome!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Great pose!!
    I love the poses, the second being my fav. Interesting to see the light too. I expect I will get around to doing a duo shot soon, and wonder now how I will light it. I like the raw-ness but this light does nothing for me....which leads me back to how I would light it differently?? Not certain how, but I think I would definitely attempt to light it so the bodies appear to merge or BE one.

Any more from this series?

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    Nik,

I really like where you're going with this, but IMO it's not quite there. I prefer the position of the arms in the second one--seems more organic if you know what I mean. But the position of the guy's head is skewed enough to impair the symmetry. I think it could also be improved if more of the guy's head were visible. Maybe put him on a cushion that would raise his body a couple of inches--that would give you more to work with. I like the lighting on #2 but would look for a way to deemphasize his leg hair a bit.

Hope you have a chance to re-shoot.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    Tom, Rechard, thank you very much for your feedback! thumb.gif
    Lighting-wise there are tons of ways you can do this, we tried a few and all agreed that like this one, with the well-done rim and medium-to-medium-rare fill.
    I have more looks with these two done (some PG, some 18+), coming soon, stay tuned mwink.gif
    Just to geive you an idea of lighting/processing, here's two versions of the another image from the same "look"

3. almost original color (slightly curved)

378557780_Shjg7-XL.jpg

4. and extreme bw

378557830_qda6u-XL.jpg
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    mucho improved for ME with Color...somehow the B&W aint cuttin it...wait, I see it now...its the skin...the color photo reveals much more skin and the B&W looks like a lot of dark~I think thats the part missing for me with the B&W's...skin~epidermis, integument~~la,la~:cry as integument season wanes here~tom
    tom wise
    angevin1 wrote:
    mucho improved for ME with Color...somehow the B&W aint cuttin it...wait, I see it now...its the skin...the color photo reveals much more skin and the B&W looks like a lot of dark~I think thats the part missing for me with the B&W's...skin~epidermis, integument~~la,la~:cry as integument season wanes here~tom
    Edem das seine mwink.gif
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    For me, and I will be the first to admit that I am not an expert, the B&W seems to stark for me. In photo #2 the amount of white under the male model's right arm drew my focus there and I lost the symmetry. I wonder if a duotone effect after seeing the color version from #3 might work for this series.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact