Options

Bubbles, Buckles, Bugars and a Bride

ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
edited September 27, 2008 in Weddings
I wanted to share a few of my favorites from the wedding I shot this past Saturday. I have to admit, one of my favorite shots is the ring bearer picking his nose at the alter!!

C&C welcomed and encouraged........thanks!

1. He didn't want to be left out, all the groomsmen had a buckle, so he borrowed one from the bride!
378583785_6u8Nq-L-1.jpg

2. This wedding was a lighting nightmare. The groom and groomsmen were in shade, the bride in bright California sun. Given that...and that I kind of like the glow around her....I can live with the back of her veil blowing out. The bride loves this shot....that's got to count for something, right?:D
378681534_hV76y-L-1.jpg

3. I'm assuming this shot really needs no explanations.......:rofl
378579544_wXHbF-L-1.jpg

4. I was thankful for shade for the photos after the ceremony!
378685034_vNN9o-L-1.jpg

5. I loved that all the guests stood around them blowing bubbles during their first dance. I'm still not sure about my processing on this one......
378670318_W5GmZ-L-1.jpg

6. One of the very last photos I took that evening. The bride and groom happened to be standing in that spot talking to a few guests. I was so glad they humored me to take one more posed shot.
378558169_4ww9C-L-1.jpg
Heather
www.heatherdunnphotography.com
My Blog My Facebook Page
GIVING BACK - How will you give?
"I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    That ring bearer photo is a mint-print gem!

Right, she loves that photo, so much the better for you!!

Great photos for sure! Considering all of the changing light, it looks like you did quite well!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    Haha, you got some fun shots (love the ring bearer) thumb.gif

#2 is just gorgeous ... love it iloveyou.gif ... and the last one is spot on as well clap.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    Real nice Heather! I love #2 even with the numerous stops difference in the same shot..Laughing.gif. That little boy is just way too cute.thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    These are fun!! Little boy is going to kill ya! rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    #2 & #4 are just spectacular. I bet they get hung on a wall somewhere!
    Well done!
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    angevin1 wrote:
    That ring bearer photo is a mint-print gem!

Right, she loves that photo, so much the better for you!!

Great photos for sure! Considering all of the changing light, it looks like you did quite well!

cheers, tom

Thanks! It was by far the most challenging as far as light that I've ever shot. If only the wedding had started 30 minutes later.......
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Haha, you got some fun shots (love the ring bearer) thumb.gif

#2 is just gorgeous ... love it iloveyou.gif ... and the last one is spot on as well clap.gif

Thank you Angie! He was a blast to watch all day. You should see the ones of him dancing later in the evening. I'll have to post it when I have it done.
    Swartzy wrote:
    Real nice Heather! I love #2 even with the numerous stops difference in the same shot..Laughing.gif. That little boy is just way too cute.thumb.gif

Thanks so much! I'm relieved to see that the light and blown out veil isn't bothering others much either. This is one of the shots that made me glad that I go to the rehearsals. At the rehearsal the minister had been stepping back to the side I shot this from. I'm so glad I had a chat w/ him the night before the wedding and asked if he could step back to the other side!
    ShepsMom wrote:
    These are fun!! Little boy is going to kill ya! rolleyes1.gif

His mom was the Matron of Honor. She's seen the shot and has threatened to have this resurface at HIS wedding some day...rolleyes1.gif
    #2 & #4 are just spectacular. I bet they get hung on a wall somewhere!
    Well done!

I hope they get hung on a wall! Thanks for the compliment.

When we arrived at the wedding location I noticed a few canvases (board mounted, not gallery wrap) from another photographer hanging in the bridal ready room w/ the photographers logo on them. The same photographer also had a small flush mount album put together for the location. The ranch shows it to potential clients. I made sure to ask if I were to provide some to the location if they would do the same w/ mine. They said yes........so maybe they'll even hang on the wall at the location as well.

The bride's mom has told me she wants a nice size print of #6, so that one will be hanging on a wall somewhere toomwink.gif
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    Looks like it was a fun wedding to shoot. I have really enjoyed the couple of "outside the box" weddings I have had the opportunity to do.