St. Louis World's Fair

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited September 29, 2008 in Landscapes
There are still a few monuments left from the 1904 St. Louis world's fair. This is in Forest Park in front of the Muny Opera.

378373903_KXVqT-L.jpg
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    this looks so beautiful very nice job
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    Great IR subject! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    Wow, that water is like glass. Love it. clap.gif The horizon line looks slightly higher on left than right in my eyes.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    dlplumer wrote:
    Wow, that water is like glass. Love it. clap.gif The horizon line looks slightly higher on left than right in my eyes.

Thanks. I thought I straightened it, but you may be right. Or maybe you're just trying to get back at me for my comments on your pictures. Shame on you. mwink.gif
    Jeff Meyers
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    That is mesmerizing. Totally not what I expected by the title of the thread. clap.gif
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    Can you share how you did it? I have tried IR but never make it look that good.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Thanks. I thought I straightened it, but you may be right. Or maybe you're just trying to get back at me for my comments on your pictures. Shame on you. mwink.gif

Not at all Jeff. Youur critique was excellent, and appreciated.

My eyes or monitor here may be off, but it looks slightly slanted. ne_nau.gif

A few months ago I would never have noticed such things, but since coming to Dgrin I notice stuff to which I was previously oblivious.:ivar
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    Gorgeous subject. The reflection really makes it. clap.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    Gorgeous, perfect choice for IR.
    dlplumer wrote:
    Not at all Jeff. Youur critique was excellent, and appreciated.

My eyes or monitor here may be off, but it looks slightly slanted. ne_nau.gif

A few months ago I would never have noticed such things, but since coming to Dgrin I notice stuff to which I was previously oblivious.:ivar

Thanks! I was just kidding, of course! :poke But I agree with you about noticing all sorts of nits in (everyone else's) images these days! A few years on this and the Nikonian forum and it's not so simple anymore.
    Jeff Meyers
    Can you share how you did it? I have tried IR but never make it look that good.

Jonathan,

Perhaps the best way to answer this is to direct you to my little tutorial on using Capture NX2 to process IR images. You can find it here.

And here's a shameless plug: I have an in-depth article on IR processing coming out in the next edition of the National Photographer. Actually, it will be the second edition of the magazine. It won't be out until next month.

Thanks for your kind words!
    Jeff Meyers
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Jonathan,

Perhaps the best way to answer this is to direct you to my little tutorial on using Capture NX2 to process IR images. You can find it here.

And here's a shameless plug: I have an in-depth article on IR processing coming out in the next edition of the National Photographer. Actually, it will be the second edition of the magazine. It won't be out until next month.

Wow that's pretty cool, Jeff, congrats! I'm very new to IR processing myself so I hope to come across your article to find out better ways to do it. It's a great shot, btw. thumb.gif
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Jonathan,

Thanks!
  • bskaranbskaran Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    This is a cool shot! really like it.
    Cheers - Karan

WWW.bskaran.com