3 mo old baby (5 imgs)

adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in People
Please tell me what you think. This was a very impromptu shoot in the middle of a day-long music event that I was photographing (pictures from that to come - hee hee!) I just threw down a white sheet and got on the ground with her for 30 minutes. I was pleased with the outcome... but please give me some constr. criticism. I'm really hoping that they will want to do another less hectic - with more time - shoot soon. This is my first non-friend or non-relative shoot I've done - so I really want to impress them. Also - knowing that there may be another shot with this little cutie - what would you recommend I try??? :D

Ok - here they are (Please accept my apologies for the watermark... I don't know how to not show it in here but keep it in the gallery <-- IF YOU KNOW.... Please post how or PM me):
1)
376969445_KRbap-M.jpg
2)
376970725_b2C2T-M.jpg
3)
376972637_FWT4q-M.jpg
4)
376974997_XQLyG-M.jpg
5)
376976524_Fa43d-M.jpg

THANK YOU!

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Hi Angela.

I think you did a great job, the baby looks happy and you got some cute "poses" iloveyou.gif

Only 3 things:
    - I do love your watermark, but it looks a bit big (for example in #2 you can't see if there is a blue cast / or if it's just the watermark - if you're looking for critique)
    - I do think her skin looks a bit blue in #1 & 2
    - Watch out with her head. - And that come from a person that always seems to crop baby's head .... ( rolleyes1.gif ) ... but take full head shots and crop later / or give the parents the chance to crop it if they want to have a tighter crop. (Some parents think it's wired to not have the full head on a pic ... so ... I think it's better if they have both options / even though I personally like / understand your crops!)

Cute pics, I'm sure the parents will love them!!! iloveyou.giflust
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    in the 1st 2 shots..I think they have too much blue..try warming it up some and maybe a touch more saturation.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Thank you both for the feedback!! You may be right, a little too blue in the first two. I'm not all that sold on more saturation, but I'll def. try it, thank you!!! Also - good mention on the head... I didn't even think that they might not like the head cropped like that. I will be having a "meeting" with them to talk about the photos and what they like, so hopefully then I'll get some feedback from them as well and tweak according to that.

Thank you!!!!