Options

Errors on Web Page

ScottProkopPhotographyScottProkopPhotography Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
edited September 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I need help with an error I receive on my website from Internet Explorer 7.
Error:

Line: 2
Char:1
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
URL: http://www.scottprokop.com/

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    I need help with an error I receive on my website from Internet Explorer 7.
    Error:

Line: 2
    Char:1
    Error: Syntax error
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.scottprokop.com/

Thanks,
    Scott

This stuff is quite straightforward to figure out in Firefox with FireBug installed because it shows you the actual line of code that is causing the problem. It tells me that you've added a javascript include from feedjit.com and you added it in the wrong place in your customization. This is a reference to an external piece of Javascript. You need to put this in your footer, not in your footer javascript. I can't see if there are more errors than this until you fix that one.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    ScottProkopPhotographyScottProkopPhotography Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
    edited September 24, 2008
    Thanks
    Worked perfectly. Thanks for you help and I will use FireBug in the future.
    jfriend wrote:
    This stuff is quite straightforward to figure out in Firefox with FireBug installed because it shows you the actual line of code that is causing the problem. It tells me that you've added a javascript include from feedjit.com and you added it in the wrong place in your customization. This is a reference to an external piece of Javascript. You need to put this in your footer, not in your footer javascript. I can't see if there are more errors than this until you fix that one.