Options

Gallery Disappeared

naddersnadders Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited September 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi All,

this is my first thread on any site! Hopefully I can include all the relevant bits of info... :)

I have been using Smugmug for a couple of months and everything was going swimmingly..... until last night.

I have a link from my main site called galleries. When I click on this link it takes me to my page but none of the galleries are there (just a blank screen).

I have followed the following tutorial to duplicate the homepage and the use the link from the navbar to point to this page but it does not seem to work.

I have searched the forums for this problem and cant find anything relevant.

Please please help. I just hope I have not lost all my photos!!

Thanks in advance,

Niral

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    What is the link to your site, please? We can't see what you might have done wrong without the ability to look at your site.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jfriend wrote:
    What is the link to your site, please? We can't see what you might have done wrong without the ability to look at your site.

That would help! Apologies...

the site is www.monica-niral.com...

many thanks for the very speedy response!

Niral
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    With a little searching, I think your account is http://monica-niral.smugmug.com/galleries. If that's the case, all your galleries are still there (I can see them by disabling part of your CSS), so it's just a customization error on your part.

It looks like maybe you have an unclosed DIV in your header or bio customization. That is causing the browser to think that your galleries are in your bio and since your bio is hidden on the galleries page, the galleries are hidden too.

Please go to your customization and make sure that for every <div> tag you add, there is a matching </div> tag in the same customization box.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jfriend wrote:
    With a little searching, I think your account is http://monica-niral.smugmug.com/galleries. If that's the case, all your galleries are still there (I can see them by disabling part of your CSS), so it's just a customization error on your part.

It looks like maybe you have an unclosed DIV in your header or bio customization. That is causing the browser to think that your galleries are in your bio and since your bio is hidden on the galleries page, the galleries are hidden too.

Please go to your customization and make sure that for every <div> tag you add, there is a matching </div> tag in the same customization box.

What an absolute star! I found the rogue piece of code and it worked!! Why I did not post earlier I dont know... it would have saved me hours (not a coder at all!!!)... thank you very much.. you help is much appreciated.

Niral

p.s. checked your site out.... very nice pictures!