Options

Fun Love

SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
edited October 16, 2008 in Weddings
Sure had fun with this one. Much more to process as was shot on Sunday. Here's a preview:

378799488_QJzKP-L.jpg

378799797_buTYr-XL.jpg

378799639_G5uje-L.jpg

378799426_u4rN7-L.jpg

378809709_NVrXy-XL.jpg

378809781_F424r-L.jpg

378799544_xVR2H-L.jpg

378799400_pe9ow-L.jpg

378799703_ynL9C-L.jpg

378799330_yVBCN-XL-2.jpg

378799844_BenkX-L.jpg

Thanks for looking :lust
Swartzy:
NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
www.daveswartz.com
Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    clap.gif:D

1. Wonderful photo. I would only adjust the perspective / straighten the walls
    3. fun color work + very sharp
    4. Not sure about this one. I think the eye gets too distracted with such a background ... maybe a vignette would help?
    7. Love this one ... again, would try to straighten the walls. (Do the walls have a bit of a blue cast?) ... would maybe ad some yellow / red ++ saturate the reflection in the glass ... very nice shot!
    8. Love it, how fun!
    9. I think I like this one ... maybe she's a bit too dark?
    11. Nice colors ... Like it, but might crop the car on the right side? ... hmmm ... not sure ...

Nice set, love your pics - as always! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    schlick photos~~!!clap.gif
    tom wise
  • Options
    M. LentzM. Lentz Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    #3 really catches my eye in this group!
    #9 is also a winner, maybe crop out that wall on the left hand side?
    Overall a really nice set! :D
    Regards,

Mike
  • Options
    Agnieszka wrote:
    clap.gif:D
    1. Wonderful photo. I would only adjust the perspective / straighten the walls

Hmm....guess I've been looking at this too long..Laughing.gif...I put it on the grid and don't have barrel distortion.....the angle it was shot possilby plays a part. Guess I'll get away from it and look at it tomorrow :D
    3. fun color work + very sharp

Duncashane (dating myself with Wayne Newton)
    4. Not sure about this one. I think the eye gets too distracted with such a background ... maybe a vignette would help?

Yea, I love how it processed but that doggone sun and shade stuff...even with fill flash. I'm looking for others in that set.
    7. Love this one ... again, would try to straighten the walls. (Do the walls have a bit of a blue cast?) ... would maybe ad some yellow / red ++ saturate the reflection in the glass ... very nice shot!

This is actually a blend of different processing. The coloring on this was intentional for a different look.....maybe not working? mwink.gif I spent like 25 minutes goofing around.

8. Love it, how fun!

Thanks...yes that was fun stuff...wish we had more time and more perspectives!
    9. I think I like this one ... maybe she's a bit too dark?

Again...it's so great to hear other's takes....I looked and looked and looked, brightened her up a bit, then looked.....geez....you totally understand :D
    11. Nice colors ... Like it, but might crop the car on the right side? ... hmmm ... not sure ...

Yes, thought about that too but then came to the conclusion it is what it is, since there is a car on the other side as well.
    Nice set, love your pics - as always! iloveyou.gif

Thanks so very much Angie. Glad you like them. My eyes are tired...Laughing.gif
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    M. Lentz wrote:

Thanks Mike. That's a great idea! I'll try it!
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    1 is gorgeous, looks like a fashion ad. Did you have lighting on them or were they brightened in post?

I am really digging the moment in #3, good seeing on the reflection, you dog you. mwink.gif

I have a height-disparate couple to shoot this weekend and I really appreciate the challenge and your creative solutions eg the stairs in #8. My fave of the set!

The light and staircase in the window in #9 is awesome...just a beautiful scene. Her dress is mimicked by the curtain fabric...sweet. I just don't like how they're not interacting at all. Crop him out of the photo and you have a very lovely full length bridal portrait! :D

Gorgeous set!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    I like the moment that #5 captures.

All in all, these are nice, clear, vibrant shots. thumb.gif
  • Options
    urbanaries wrote:
    1 is gorgeous, looks like a fashion ad. Did you have lighting on them or were they brightened in post?

I am really digging the moment in #3, good seeing on the reflection, you dog you. mwink.gif

I have a height-disparate couple to shoot this weekend and I really appreciate the challenge and your creative solutions eg the stairs in #8. My fave of the set!

The light and staircase in the window in #9 is awesome...just a beautiful scene. Her dress is mimicked by the curtain fabric...sweet. I just don't like how they're not interacting at all. Crop him out of the photo and you have a very lovely full length bridal portrait! :D

Gorgeous set!

Thanks Lynne. The lighting was what it was as there wasn't enough time to set anything up...so, good ole LR (2) with some CS3 magic flipped the bill. When I saw that mirror.....well, let's put it mildly...I went, "WhooooooooHooooooo"....clients always think I've escaped from some asylym...Laughing.gif.

Now, there is a cool idea...crop the groom out...hahahahhaa...I did take some of just her but not up there. This particular one I went with the "golden" look.

378799727_hScRs-XL.jpg

Thanks so much Lynne. Yea, he was like way way taller. I sat down to take that shot (much needed BTW). :D:D:D
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I like the moment that #5 captures.

All in all, these are nice, clear, vibrant shots. thumb.gif

Thanks Jeff. I really liked that one too. They were trying to be incognito waiting for their time to "arrive". Still trying to do more PJ style.....but I really have to work at it. Thanks for stopping in and commenting...really appreciate it.
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    These are incredible, Steve! What a set for the portfolio! My faves are...
    #9, #5, #3, #1... shoot they are all wonderful! Good looking couple and fantastic set. Love your lighting on these.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    These are simply gorgeous. Where do you live? I'll be over for your next wedding, just to hang out... mwink.gif

Great work! bowdown.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    Swartzy wrote:
    Still trying to do more PJ style.....but I really have to work at it.

Fly me up to the Twin Cities, I'll be your pj shooter. :gun2
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    #2,#3,#8,#11

Magazine shots. Great job Dave.

I never shot a wedding, is it typical to be with the bride while she's getting ready? I would feel strange doing that, but if it's common practice, I'm all in. Hahahaha!

Great work. You should submit #3 somewhere. Maybe a wedding magazine. It could also double as a champane ad. ;-) (Wish that box wasn't there.) I know the client will be very happy when they see these photographs. wings.gif
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    These are incredible, Steve! What a set for the portfolio! My faves are...
    #9, #5, #3, #1... shoot they are all wonderful! Good looking couple and fantastic set. Love your lighting on these.

Wow, thanks Fred! :D Sure had fun but as usual, once home there are always things I wish were done differently. They really were a great couple to work with and loved having their shots taken. Another one of those times to where you wish to have about 3 hours for creative poses and such. So glad you like themthumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    ShepsMom wrote:
    These are simply gorgeous. Where do you live? I'll be over for your next wedding, just to hang out... mwink.gif

Great work! bowdown.gif

Thanks Marina! I live in a place Floridians would consider as cold as Alaska...Laughing.gif..sure, come on up.
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    Trevlan wrote:
    #2,#3,#8,#11

Magazine shots. Great job Dave.

I never shot a wedding, is it typical to be with the bride while she's getting ready? I would feel strange doing that, but if it's common practice, I'm all in. Hahahaha!

Great work. You should submit #3 somewhere. Maybe a wedding magazine. It could also double as a champane ad. ;-) (Wish that box wasn't there.) I know the client will be very happy when they see these photographs. wings.gif

Thanks very much Frank! Once in awhile the bride will have no problem with me being there for preparation. Other times they prefer a woman shooter. Depends obviously on the client, the amount of time they hire you, etc. It's really fun to be there when the bride and her mom with the bridesmaids are getting ready...allows for some nice PJ style of actual moments, the nervousness, the expressions of anticipation. It also allows for getting some nice detail shots of the dresses and such. This particular shoot was small as there was no wedding party...so it allowed time to do some other types of shots in different locations.
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    Swartzy wrote:
    Thanks very much Frank! Once in awhile the bride will have no problem with me being there for preparation. Other times they prefer a woman shooter.

This is why I am jealous of the husband/wife teams that I know. She's with her while she's getting ready and he's with the groom. If only I could find a guy to shoot second that wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg....

Beautiful shots by the way. I love #3 and the processing on it. bowdown.gif
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    Your clients are gona be happier than a politician with his snout in the trough, and you should be rightly proud of your work.

Sam
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    These are fantastic and I love that shot of the bride against the stairs you posted later!
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    Very nice...
    These will make for a very nice album and some very happy clients. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif I am really liking your style on your wedding photography. It really looks like your customers relate to you and relax for the photos. Great work and thanks for sharing.
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2008
    Shudderz wrote:
    This is why I am jealous of the husband/wife teams that I know. She's with her while she's getting ready and he's with the groom. If only I could find a guy to shoot second that wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg....

Beautiful shots by the way. I love #3 and the processing on it. bowdown.gif

Well, if I were in your neck of the woods....Laughing.gif Thanks for stopping by.
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    Sam & Shima....thanks so much for the kind words. Probably spend more time than necessary with my photos but I keep seeing stuff that could be done...Laughing.gif
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    Ed911 wrote:
    These will make for a very nice album and some very happy clients. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Ed. Appreciate it.
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    SitterS wrote:
    clap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif I am really liking your style on your wedding photography. It really looks like your customers relate to you and relax for the photos. Great work and thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much Shane. Forging out one's style.......in my case, I think it's a constant changing thing...maybe to a point. I have a hard time with not vibrant images on a regular basis...just can't seem to get past that....so, going with what looks good to my eye....Laughing.gif

This couple was fun and relaxed. I try lots of stuff with people but typically because of my bizzare personality, they laugh farily soon after we get together. I think the "having fun" part is honestly what can set the tone for the entire shoot..weddings, portraits, and obviously event shooting.

So glad you like these....have more to work on :D
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2008
    Very nice! They all stand out but I think I like 1,3,6 and separate golden ones the best
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    M. Lentz wrote:

I'm with Mike on #9. Try cropping off the wall on the left hand side and you have a winner!!
  • Options
    ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    These are absolutely gorgeous photos. You should be right proud!!thumb.gif

They are very clear and sharp but have a creamy, smooth look. Details are wonderful, almost 3d. What produces what I am seeing? ... camera, lens, post processing?

Or maybe it's just the fantabulous photographer? ...
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    These are absolutely gorgeous photos. You should be right proud!!thumb.gif

They are very clear and sharp but have a creamy, smooth look. Details are wonderful, almost 3d. What produces what I am seeing? ... camera, lens, post processing?

Or maybe it's just the fantabulous photographer? ...

Heh....I'd like to take credit on my eye alone but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. The idea of capturing the perfect shot in camera is ludicrous. I have yet to see any significant pro work that doesn't go through some form of treatment in LR/CS3/ACR...something. Good lenses, good camera bodies, etc. all play a roll in the final outcome as well. If you start with a good image then most likely you can make it great. Trust me, I have plenty of so so images that improve with post processing but only the really good ones can be turned into magic.

So really, the clarity, sharpness, buttery look all take shape in post once the shot is in camera (providing you get exposure and focus correct..Laughing.gif).

I'm always stretching out and learning new ways to process but my natural style is elegant, traditional types of photos. Thanks so much for the kind words. I live for this stuff. :D
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Nice series. My favores are 1 9 and the added on one.
    This looks like a fun couple, you did a very nice job with their photos..they will be very happy!!