3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
edited May 2, 2005 in Landscapes
Welcome to Augusta, Missouri.....

20955202-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    I can't believe this has gotten no reply. Great colors. The title and subject work with each other very well. Maybe crop top and left to get the door off center a bit more and even out the margins top and bottom. Sharpness looks OK at this size, but if you haven't done so, try experiment with separate light and dark shapening layers as in: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=10409 This can make a dramatic difference for this kind of image.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I can't believe this has gotten no reply. Great colors. The title and subject work with each other very well. Maybe crop top and left to get the door off center a bit more and even out the margins top and bottom. Sharpness looks OK at this size, but if you haven't done so, try experiment with separate light and dark shapening layers as in: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=10409 This can make a dramatic difference for this kind of image.

In Missouri, is this the voodoo door? Is blue the color there to keep the hags out?

I think it needs a bit at the bottom, do you have any more? I agree with Rutt, I love the intensity of the colors. I don't think it needs more sharpening. I think it needs a bump, again, probably. The story of blue doors would be good. Plus a bit more at the bottom, maybe a hint of steps, or a stoop.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Cool capture.Now for some odd reason Im signing Magic Busrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Laughing.gif... Thanks for the advice. I'll pull the original up and change the crop among other things and see what I can come up with :):

kc7dji
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Kc7dji
    Cool shot colors pop right out at you :):
    Also like that old shingle siding

Thanks
    Fred