Behind the Scenes DSS #8

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited September 24, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Another round of some great photos. Time to see the behind the scenes. If you don't mind, provide enough detail in your shot that each of us could replicate the shot if we wanted to. Look forward to seeing them.

So here is mine.
5 light set up.
580EX with CTO gel in lamp shade. Triggered with Pocket Wizard. Set to 1/16 power. 580EX on light stand above chair focused at 105mm for tighter beam on book. Old White Lightning set at 1/3 power in softbox to provide light on chair and soft light on model(wife). Two tungsten lamps behind chair to provide some yellow tones to the background. White balance set on "flash".

379158193_6eQ2v-L.jpg

379157328_Ni2VJ-L.jpg
Here is the image out of the camera before any post. Note the top of the flash in the lamp shade.

Post production in Photoshop. Softened background, some curves, and sharpening. Cloned out flash out of lampshade.

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    #70 "Doing nails"
    Apart from my entry didn't travel in the polls mwink.gif , I don't have much to report. The idea of "nailpolish" was fairly close to one of the suggested themes, and it allowed me to incorporate my favorite subject into the play rolleyes1.gif
    I explained my the idea to my model in advance, she liked it, so it was the very first thing we did when she arrived for our Sunday shoot. We tried a few lighting scenarios and a few poses/angles. The whole thing took less than 30 min from start to finish. This was the original I have chosen to work with:

377649670_iTjEk-XL.jpg

and I simply cropped and kinda desaturated it for the entry:

377678141_kynZn-XL.jpg

This came very close to what I envisioned originally, so despite the all polls I feel good about it! mwink.gif :ivar

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    I'm getting a bit better. clap.gif

Original image is the same as entered with a slight clone on the floor where a very small part of the machine was reflected.

372556603_kcYQc-L.jpg

Thanks for the look on how your image was done, shatch! You're so creative! bowdown.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008