Options

iMAC 24" brightness and White point

ifocusifocus Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited September 24, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I just got my x-rite eye-one display 2 calibration tool. I did my first calibration on a iMAC 24" and I observed the following;

1. In easy mode, the resulting profile look a little cooler than the advanced mode profile set at D65. Is there any way to tell the best one to use?

2. The brightness is set at the minimum and I still read 234 compare to a target of 120. Is it a problem?

Cheers

JY

Comments

• Options
    edited September 24, 2008
    ifocus wrote:
    I just got my x-rite eye-one display 2 calibration tool. I did my first calibration on a iMAC 24" and I observed the following;

1. In easy mode, the resulting profile look a little cooler than the advanced mode profile set at D65. Is there any way to tell the best one to use?

2. The brightness is set at the minimum and I still read 234 compare to a target of 120. Is it a problem?

Cheers

JY

I know there is a lot said about the iMAC 24" brightness but what is the impact of it over calibration? I used Shade but it makes the screen flicker during calibration and give poor results. Is it alright to do the calibration and use Shade afterward?
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2008
    ifocus wrote:
    I know there is a lot said about the iMAC 24" brightness but what is the impact of it over calibration? I used Shade but it makes the screen flicker during calibration and give poor results. Is it alright to do the calibration and use Shade afterward?

Any ideas anyone?