Options

How to hide an album?

photographsphotographs Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 23, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Once I give away a link to my album (password protected, unlisted), is there a quick way to make the album disappear without actually deleting it?

Changing the password does not quite work. People can still tell the album is there, just won't be able to log in.

A client asked me to delete an album of his photos, so I have to make the album disappear (as far as he is concern). However, if he changes his mind within a short time and ask me to bring it back, I don't want to have to upload the photos all over.

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Once I give away a link to my album (password protected, unlisted), is there a quick way to make the album disappear without actually deleting it?

Changing the password does not quite work. People can still tell the album is there, just won't be able to log in.

A client asked me to delete an album of his photos, so I have to make the album disappear (as far as he is concern). However, if he changes his mind within a short time and ask me to bring it back, I don't want to have to upload the photos all over.
    Once he has the unlisted gallery link he'll always get to it. Create a new gallery
    and bulk move all the photos to it. Then delete the old one.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008

In addition to what Allen said, you may also want to turn external linking off so even if he saved any direct links to the photos, they won't work anymore.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question