Winter Assignment, 1st attempt the re-edits

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in People
Well, Scott was able to provide me lots of good guidance in this thread, so I actually finished editing the photos properly, and reposted many.

Gallery

and some faves:

379219980_PWNeN-M.jpg

379222991_dC9Fi-M.jpg

379224503_TvNGa-M.jpg

379227752_GczYe-M.jpg

Still looking for tips! Weather is supposed to be okay all week so may get a chance to reshoot Friday.

ann

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Much better!!!!clap.gif

It's hard to pick a favorite but #1 is in the top 3 :D

#1 - Is this a crop or is this what came out of the camera. If it's a crop, I think you might want to take another look at how tight you are against the knee of the oldest boy.
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    Thanks, Scott. Think I can show these to the customer?

1 is not cropped, funny how similar the 50mm and 85mm look when you grab them ffrom your bag rolleyes1.gif . I moved one of the kids faces from a different shot (same pose) to get a better smile.

Fixing the blue and adding some pop made a difference, I think eek7.gif:D

ann
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Thanks, Scott. Think I can show these to the customer?
    I looked at the entire gallery (yup - that took a lot of time :D) and I don't think there's a single one to be ashamed of, so sure - time for the Grand Revealing!
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    I looked at the entire gallery (yup - that took a lot of time :D) and I don't think there's a single one to be ashamed of, so sure - time for the Grand Revealing!

He,he,he ...all 12 of them?!

I talked to the mom last night and she seems really pleased and did not take me up on the offer of a reshoot. Her feedback was interesting - oldest and youngest are more serious kids so she wasn't surprised at their stiffness. You'll never believe which is her favorite?
    379224503_TvNGa-M.jpg
    but she was hoping I could find a smile for oldest. Then the one on the rail, sitting oldest to youngest.

I found eyes for the 'got blinkers' shot, just not sure they look rightheadscratch.gif

379902521_SryYi-M.jpg
    May need another go at it.

ann
  • DECinNCDECinNC Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Nice shots. If they were my kid's I'd want them all. My favorite is # 11. You can almost see their own personality coming out. I like #7 except for the youngest boys hands. If Mom's favorite is #8 that's great - I would get rid of the shine in the boys crotch.
    Dale Childress