SOLD: Canon 5D with Battery grip

lakewebdlakewebd Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited October 7, 2008 in House of Canon
SOLD-Canon 5D FF 12.mp camera.

Comments

• S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    pics aren't very detailed- description of condition as well as approximate shutter clicks would be useful as well.
    Great price from the looks of it so far!
    Sam
  • lakewebdlakewebd Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Hi There,

This camera is in excellent condition, I bought it in 2007. It has 8868 clicks on it so far, I still use it when I need a low light photos.
    Here is a link to a Wildflower shoot I did with it this spring http://lakewebdesign.smugmug.com/gallery/4679133_74RLR#276634618_S73U9
    S-Man wrote:
    pics aren't very detailed- description of condition as well as approximate shutter clicks would be useful as well.
    Great price from the looks of it so far!
  • KyTomKyTom Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    Does the $1500 include shipping, PayPal fess, etc.?? Thanks.
    www.tommybartleyphotography.com
    Canon 1D Marklll; Canon 60D; Tamron 28-75 f2.8; Canon 50 f1.4; Canon 70-200 f4.0; Canon 15-85 IS; Sigma 15 f2.8; Canon 580 ll flash; Canon 430 flash; Canon ST-E2 Transmitter; Various filters, bags and diffusers.
    edited September 27, 2008
    Next week I will take it to MailBox Etc for a shipping estimate but will need a zip code. If you want it insured you will have to pay for it.
    KyTom wrote:
    Does the $1500 include shipping, PayPal fess, etc.?? Thanks.
  • scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    About shipping . . .
    lakewebd wrote:
    Next week I will take it to MailBox Etc for a shipping estimate but will need a zip code. If you want it insured you will have to pay for it.

IF you can pack well and weigh a package at home you can save a lot of money by doing those things and buying the shipping label on-line. All of the shipping stores charge premium prices for the materials, packing AND shipping rates. This usually causes the shipping price to more than double.

DHL and FedEx both offer pretty straighforward on-line processes (I stopped using UPS because they're slower and more expensive than the other two). All they require is that you know the dimensions and weight of what you're shipping. And don't get too crazy about weight -- just use your bathroom scale and weigh yourself before and after holding it and err on the high side.

Print the label at the end of the on-line process, tape it to the box and drop it at any shipping center that's authorized by the carrier. I've been doing this for years and never had a problem. Natually, you need to use a solid box, good tape and never wrap it the old fashioned way with paper and twine.

All that said, I would NEVER ship something this valuable without full insurance. Of course it costs more but if something happens you will have recourse. Without insurance the carrier will shrug and say, "Tough luck".

BTW, this looks like a great deal for a 5D with grip. If I weren't married to my 17-55 IS I'd be all over it. :D

hth/ScottGee1
  • aydoganaydogan Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    lakewebd wrote:
    SOLD-Canon 5D FF 12.mp camera. Stunning low light camera, comes with battery grip, manuals, box. $1500 Payment with Paypal only. View recent low light hi iso samples and pics of camera here http://lakewebdesign.smugmug.com/gallery/5992614_7QWxy#374387138_CkjN8
    Hover on large image for a slideout box with Image info.
    Email inquires to lakewebdesign@aol.com

and lakewebd,
    when we say deal at last month for 5d+grip you said its sold.. and you have a new thread now for sale ?? its not a good think..be serious !!!!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited October 6, 2008
    aydogan wrote:
    and lakewebd,
    please discuss this in private. as far as I can see, this thread is legit, and was edited as "sold" a week before your claim above. any further public comments will be deleted.

thanks,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• CBC1260CBC1260 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 6, 2008
    aydogan wrote:
    and lakewebd,
    when we say deal at last month for 5d+grip you said its sold.. and you have a new thread now for sale ?? its not a good think..be serious !!!!

It's legit; I bought it and it's already in my hands. :ivar
    edited October 7, 2008
    Glad it arrived safely, as you saw I packed it really well. I really miss my 5D and hope you enjoy it's wonderful images. Sorry about the confusion, I did not know how to delete the ad so I marked it Sold. It was not running again.
    CBC1260 wrote:
    It's legit; I bought it and it's already in my hands. :ivar
  • CBC1260CBC1260 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    lakewebd wrote:
    Glad it arrived safely, as you saw I packed it really well. I really miss my 5D and hope you enjoy it's wonderful images. Sorry about the confusion, I did not know how to delete the ad so I marked it Sold. It was not running again.

For sure! It's already changed my life...I'm selling my 24-70 and 70-200 IS - going prime! Thanks.