Help, Fuji FinePix won't take photos!

zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in Cameras
Hiya, my turn to get some help :)

My FinePix S700 that I've had for a few years worked great just a few days ago. Now when I turn it on to take photos the lense comes out then the screen goes blank and no buttons work. I can put it in viewing mode and look at photos on the memory card but I can't take pics. Did I hit a wrong button or is it borked??? Yes it has fresh batteries.

One more thing I just noticed: when I turn it on to take photos, I wait for the lense to come out, then I trun the camera off and the lense stays out. It used to retract automagically.

<--- needs help!

Thank you!!
Zac Williams
Support Hero

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited September 24, 2008
    Hi Zac,

Try to reset the camera by removing all of the batteries (usually 2) and then let the camera sit for a few hours.

If that doesn't work it will probably need to be returned to Fuji for service.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Hi Zac,

Try to reset the camera by removing all of the batteries (usually 2) and then let the camera sit for a few hours.

If that doesn't work it will probably need to be returned to Fuji for service.

I agree. I had a similar thing happen once, but fresh batteries solved it for me.
    I had this camera for a while - great camera. Hope it starts working for you!
  • zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Thanks guys, looks like I have to take it to get serviced. I tried the battery trick but no dice.
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero