Christmas/Winter Backdrops?

WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
edited September 26, 2008 in People
Just wondering what others are using for a Christmas/Winter backdrop for children and families. (ones that they will use on cards) I am looking to buy one but the choices are endless. Any suggestions? This is my first Christmas in the pro business. Thanks in advance for any replies!
Snady :thumb
my money well spent :D
Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Red, green, or......use a white backdrop and you can gel your lights for the mood.....or......find some really cool subdued wall paper and keep your subjects 10 feet away, use a 70-200 @ f/5.6-f/7.1 (refer to DOF chart), lighting the backdrop between 1 1/2 to 2 stops under key light. Just thinking out loud. All depends on what they are wearing but having options open at the time, these could work pretty nifty.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • ZeroZero Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 26, 2008
    Just wondering what others are using for a Christmas/Winter backdrop for children and families. (ones that they will use on cards) I am looking to buy one but the choices are endless. Any suggestions? This is my first Christmas in the pro business. Thanks in advance for any replies!

I'm not sure what your consumer base would prefer, but I always liked sky blue design muslin Backdrops. That's just my personal preference. If you like scenic backdrops you should try Aurabackdrops.com. I like a lot of their scenic backdrops. I have seen many different preferences. Or are you just hoping to get one backdrop for all your winter/holiday pictures?