Would this look good on the new metallic paper?

TristanPTristanP Registered Users Posts: 1,107 Major grins
edited September 26, 2008 in Landscapes
I shot this B&W-converted IR in Wisconsin this summer, and the cabin's owner expressed interest in buying a print. Would the new metallic paper option present it any better than the regular lustre I pick? I've never seen any metallic prints in person to know the difference. Thanks!

334345056_BiSxe-L.jpg
panekfamily.smugmug.com (personal)
tristansphotography.com (motorsports)

Canon 20D | 10-22 | 17-85 IS | 50/1.4 | 70-300 IS | 100/2.8 macro
Sony F717 | Hoya R72

Comments

• ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    I think it would
    I think it would but the best thing to do is to order a print and decide.
    The metallic paper looks great with white and I am sure IR images would be phenominal!

TristanP wrote:
    I shot this B&W-converted IR in Wisconsin this summer, and the cabin's owner expressed interest in buying a print. Would the new metallic paper option present it any better than the regular lustre I pick? I've never seen any metallic prints in person to know the difference. Thanks!

334345056_BiSxe-L.jpg
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    TristanP wrote:

I've got a couple prints my dad had done by MPix on their metallic paper and they look amazing!! I think this image would look awesome on a metallic paper!!
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Yes, I printed a bunch of IRs on Metal - SO COOL!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    metallic prints are so cool. from the ones ive done (show cars shots) i would say this shot would look great
    Aaron Nelson
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    Absolutely!

The irridescent qualities of the metallic paper would complement the surreal qualities of this shot. The main thing the metallic paper does versus other papers is increase contrast at the expense of some of the subtle tonal gradations. A high contrast shot like this will not suffer on this paper.