Options

Sharing my filters

manta1900manta1900 Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi all, I have made some filters for personal use and I constantly try to make them better. My top of the line filter "Auto-White-Balance" is an automatic way of correcting colors on a photo. Not only this one but all of my filters don't follow the conventional methods. Please tell me your opinion. You will find the filters and an e-mail into my site: http://aphtophoto.50webs.com. I hope you will find them useful (as I did) and give me some feedback to make them better. To install it you just copy it into filters subdirectory (e.g. c:\program files\adobe\photoshop cs2\plug-ins\filters\) and you restart PhotoShop. You will find the filter in the menu (Filter->AphtoPhoto).

Comments

• Options
    gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Thank you for sharing...will give them a try...I appreciate it
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2008
    gman33 wrote:
    Thank you for sharing...will give them a try...I appreciate it

Please share with us your opinion.
  • Options
    KailaniKailani Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 29, 2008
    manta1900 wrote:
    Please share with us your opinion.
    This is great.. similar to some of the things you can do on picnik.com but without having to upload the images online!! clap.gif I love it!! Thank you for posting!!wings.gif
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2008
    Kailani wrote:
    This is great.. similar to some of the things you can do on picnik.com but without having to upload the images online!! clap.gif I love it!! Thank you for posting!!wings.gif

Since you use other methods too it would be interesting to compare the results and share them with us (if you have the time and willing to help make them even better).
  • Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    manta1900 wrote:
    Hi all, I have made some filters for personal use and I constantly try to make them better. My top of the line filter "Auto-White-Balance" is an automatic way of correcting colors on a photo. Not only this one but all of my filters don't follow the conventional methods. Please tell me your opinion. You will find the filters and an e-mail into my site: http://aphtophoto.50webs.com. I hope you will find them useful (as I did) and give me some feedback to make them better. To install it you just copy it into filters subdirectory (e.g. c:\program files\adobe\photoshop cs2\plug-ins\filters\) and you restart PhotoShop. You will find the filter in the menu (Filter->AphtoPhoto).
    PC only?
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    KED wrote:
    PC only?

Unfortunatelly yes. I have no compatible compiler for macintosh. Once I will solve that I will publish a mac version too.... until then PC only.

Sorry
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    Kailani wrote:

Kailani, did you compare any results?
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    manta1900 wrote:
    Unfortunatelly yes. I have no compatible compiler for macintosh. Once I will solve that I will publish a mac version too.... until then PC only.

Sorry

Thank you very much for sharing your filters. Unfortunately I use a Macintosh computer.

I would really, truly appreciate it if you would specify PC only on your website so I won't bother downloading the filters and then trying to make them work. I just wish every PC only provider of software, filters, actions, etc. would do the same.

If I knew how to "compile" I'd offer to do so on my Mac for you, but alas, my programming skills are none.

I hope some Mac savvy person will contact you so you can make the filters available for the Mac soon.