Options

Post your Indian wedding and Tall Groom/Short bride pics!

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Weddings
Pretty straight forward.........please help with some ideas! My first Hindu wedding this weekend...shooting the Mehendi ceremony tomorrow, and the American wedding on Saturday. Then the party changes into Indian clothing for the reception. Advice welcome!!! Thanks in advance :lust
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2008
    Mehndi ! mwink.gif you will love it. I have few images but not near to your standards rolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Mehndi ! mwink.gif you will love it. I have few images but not near to your standards rolleyes1.gif

Oh, please Awais! You let us be the judge of THAT. :nono:D

Did I spell it wrong? Whoops. Gaffe #1! yikes.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Here are some from different marriages of my relatives. There are many small fun events within mehndi and baraat. You will get opertunity to shoot lots of fun candid and emotional scenes.

House of bride and groom are decorated with lights. Common here no idea about USA

380085288_PuF7a-L.jpg

380084324_Fy3Y2-L.jpg

380085209_wrpJ4-L.jpg

380084776_SBs8H-L.jpg

380085735_jkKyS-L.jpg

above images were shot at Mehndi when there is lots of shocking bright Yellow in the scene.

Next images are from Barat or actual wedding day. Here red is dominent

380083512_LSpZt-L.jpg

380084057_GD9b6-L.jpg

There could be emotional scenes when bride leaves her home:crymwink.gif
    380085480_J7rrB-L.jpg

380083772_8vzJt-L.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    oh, wow Awais!!! I remember seeing these a while back but definitely appreciate seeing them again. The BW of the bride is just stunning! I am very excited! Thank you!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    I had an indian/american wedding not too long ago ... but the mehendi was in his parents house & the bride was really not excited about some indian customs rolleyes1.gif , so the pics didn't come out that great ... agh. Make sure they tell you all about the wedding ceremony. There are sooo many different (smaller) traditions/customs, and it's hard to get the right angle if you don't really know what will go on.

Good luck, you will love it! (Get a fun rose/flower pedal shot ... at the end of the ceremony) ... still kicking myself for that missed photo ...
  • Options
    Agnieszka wrote:
    I had an indian/american wedding not too long ago ... but the mehendi was in his parents house & the bride was really not excited about some indian customs rolleyes1.gif , so the pics didn't come out that great ... agh. Make sure they tell you all about the wedding ceremony. There are sooo many different (smaller) traditions/customs, and it's hard to get the right angle if you don't really know what will go on.

Good luck, you will love it! (Get a fun rose/flower pedal shot ... at the end of the ceremony) ... still kicking myself for that missed photo ...

Thanks Angie! the only Indian custom (I keep asking!) is the Mehndi/mehendi "ceremony" at the brides parent's house. The wedding itself is in a Methodist church and totally American. They're just changing into Indian clothes to enter the reception, apparently....so I'm not sure when/if any other traditions customs will happen! I need to call her again tonight and ask specifically about the rose/flower petal thing and if that will happen, when.

(Would love a PM link to the gallery.....deal.gifD)
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2008
    These are so very, very beautiful. I particularly love the sort of "old meets new" one with the video camera (because at least to Western eyes, the couple's costumes look quite "traditional")

I was really moved by these pictures - the ceremony and atmosphere seems so different from what we're used to seeing as "wedding" in the US and they really got to me. Thanks for sharing, Awais!
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    I had a similar wedding about a month ago, only the reception was done in the traditional format, the ceremony was white dress.

I am not sure the range of the tradition but often the women have hands decorated with hena. In this case the bride did, but often the other women do as well.

371084773_pmsna-M.jpg

After the wedding the shots the parents were most excited about were the family photos I took while they were in traditional dress.

361093188_yJbJS-M.jpg

361056326_S5VET-M.jpg

Good luck!
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Take a look at these, pretty impressive!

http://forums.audiworld.com/photo/msgs/37467.phtml
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    383209441_TGWuR-L-1.jpg

383210980_9MhPT-L-1.jpg

383212609_y7QLW-L-1.jpg

383213703_Y3YZq-L-1.jpg

383214026_hUNXi-L-1.jpg

check my blog to see more. :D
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com