Options

Adobe Post-Announce Software Upgrade

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited September 25, 2008 in Finishing School
Discussing the recent release of Photoshop CS4. Some people just bought Photoshop CS3 (like me) and didn't want to be faced with yet another out-of-pocket expense.

Well, for some of us there is good news: Adobe has had, in-place, a policy of allowing those who purchased the software recently to apply for a free upgrade to the most recent version. This is Adobe's Post-Announce Software Upgrade.

From Adobe's site:

To be eligible for a post-announce upgrade, you must meet the following requirements:
  • This upgrade policy applies only to single-user retail and educational versions. Tryout, Beta, Not For Retail (NFR), and bundled versions are not eligible for upgrade.
  • This offer is available only through Adobe directly.
  • Your upgrade must be for the same platform, language, and edition as your previous version.
  • You must provide Adobe Customer Service with proof of purchase.
  • Adobe will notify qualified volume licensing customers of their eligibility for a post-announce upgrade.
  • Your current serial number must be registered. We recommend that you register within your product so you can receive the complimentary benefits of Product Registration (for details, see Adobe.com at www.adobe.com/support/registration.html).
To get the upgrade you have to order it through Adobe:
Order direct from Adobe

If you qualify and want to request a post-announce upgrade, then do the following steps:
  1. Go to the Customer Support Portal for one of the following locations:
  2. Create an account or sign into your existing account.
  3. Under Get Support, click the Orders & Downloads tab.
  4. In the Choose Issue Type menu, choose Post-Announce Upgrades.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. In the Submit A Post-Announce Upgrade Request page, follow the onscreen instructions.

If you purchased from a reseller: Be prepared to provide an electronic copy of your proof of purchase, i.e., your sales receipt. For details on what qualifies as proof of purchase, see "Proof of purchase qualifications" on the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/go/637dc56.
  7. Click Review Case & Submit.
I have submitted my case, but I have yet to hear from them.

I hope this helps some people.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

Comments