My first attempt at HDR

Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
edited September 29, 2008 in Landscapes
This is my first attempt at HDR so let me know what you think!

HDR-1.jpg

Comments

• JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    It looks overexposed to me. The lighter edges of the leaves are blown. Interesting looking leaves though.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    JenGrace wrote:
    It looks overexposed to me. The lighter edges of the leaves are blown. Interesting looking leaves though.

Personally I think one big problem for HDR attempts is the lack of subject.
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    my experience is that the problem with HDR is if you have very little or any movement of subject at all you get that oof (out of focus) effect. I've found stationary objects are much better for HDR rather than plants, trees, flowers or even clouds or water.

Ray Still
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif - with all three responses.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    ........and one should definitely use a tripod
  • Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    I appreciate all the comments I have received! This picture is merely a base attempt. I have wanted to try HDR since I first got my camera about a month and a half ago and I realize that this isn't the greatest of shots I just wanted to get out there and find something and then see what I should approve upon and only get better from this point. I realized that it was a tad over exposed but I will learn from that. Also I did you a tripod, but as stated before if there is any type of movement at all it makes it look out of focus in the end. So thanks for all the feedback!
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    I appreciate all the comments I have received! This picture is merely a base attempt. I have wanted to try HDR since I first got my camera about a month and a half ago and I realize that this isn't the greatest of shots I just wanted to get out there and find something and then see what I should approve upon and only get better from this point. I realized that it was a tad over exposed but I will learn from that. Also I did you a tripod, but as stated before if there is any type of movement at all it makes it look out of focus in the end. So thanks for all the feedback!

It might be useful to see a comparative "normal" shot of the same subject. Perhaps the 'middle' shot of your grouping that you used for the HDR? Because frankly, my first question was "what's so HDR about it?"
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/