dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited September 28, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
This one, my current entry, or start over? What do you candidly think? :D

Dawn Of A New World

381265255_EZ3Jy-L.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    Reminds me a bit of a scene form 2001 space Odyssey! Maybe a touch more reveal on the obelisk, for my taste.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Reminds me a bit of a seen form 2001 space Odyssey! Maybe a touch more reveal on the obelisk, for my taste.

Don

You got what I was thinking Don, except the rules are straight out of the camera (no PP).
    dlplumer wrote:
    You got what I was thinking Don, except the rules are straight out of the camera (no PP).
    Oh well.ne_nau.gif

Go for it!
    Don
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    Lovely shot!! Did you bracket your exposures? If not, how about another go at to get a bit more detail in the obelisk? headscratch.gif
    richtersl wrote:
    Lovely shot!! Did you bracket your exposures? If not, how about another go at to get a bit more detail in the obelisk? headscratch.gif

Do you prefer it over my current entry Linda?
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    Dan

Two wonderful shots. clap.gif
    But having just about broken my mouse clicking back and forth between them for 5 minutes, I have to say that my inner drama queen prefers this one.
    The gradation of colour from foreground to background, the fairly stark silhouette of the obelisk, and indeed the overall "dark" feeling with the hint of the coming light.
    Like I said - Wonderful.

Peter
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
    Dan, could you provide a link (or am I blind) to the other image? I am having trouble locating it.

Don
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    Both are lovely, but between the two of them I prefer your current entry. The silhouetting, the sun rays, and the way the clouds and mountains seem to mimic each other give it the edge, IMO. The obelisk seems to get a bit lost in the shadows, which is why I suggested trying to see if you could get a shot with a bit more foreground detail. ne_nau.gif
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Dan, could you provide a link (or am I blind) to the other image? I am having trouble locating it.

Don
    Okay, found it: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=931331&postcount=14

I like this one better.thumb.gif

Don
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    dlplumer wrote:
    Do you prefer it over my current entry Linda?

I'm not Linda! But I prefer your current entry, Dan. I find the centered monument (or whatever it is) somewhat annoying. But I'm not one of the judges! rolleyes1.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    AndMan wrote:
    Dan

Two wonderful shots. clap.gif
    But having just about broken my mouse clicking back and forth between them for 5 minutes, I have to say that my inner drama queen prefers this one.
    The gradation of colour from foreground to background, the fairly stark silhouette of the obelisk, and indeed the overall "dark" feeling with the hint of the coming light.
    Like I said - Wonderful.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I appreciate that thumb.gif I should have posted both here (sorry).
    DonRicklin wrote:
    Okay, found it: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=931331&postcount=14

I like this one better.thumb.gif

Don

Thanks Don. Appreciate your help. :D:D
    richtersl wrote:
    Both are lovely, but between the two of them I prefer your current entry. The silhouetting, the sun rays, and the way the clouds and mountains seem to mimic each other give it the edge, IMO. The obelisk seems to get a bit lost in the shadows, which is why I suggested trying to see if you could get a shot with a bit more foreground detail. ne_nau.gif

Thanks Linda. I appreciate your perspective very much
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I'm not Linda! But I prefer your current entry, Dan. I find the centered monument (or whatever it is) somewhat annoying. But I'm not one of the judges! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Jeff. As usual, we have no consensus emerging, but I appreciate your comments. thumb.gif

Dan
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    I'm going to agree with Jeff and Linda...the best word to describe your current entry,for me, is stunning! Your other shot is good too, but IMO the first one out does it! Good luck!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    I like the current one (clouds) the best.
    ic4u wrote:
    I'm going to agree with Jeff and Linda...the best word to describe your current entry,for me, is stunning! Your other shot is good too, but IMO the first one out does it! Good luck!

Thank you so much Karin:D
    bsharp wrote:
    I like the current one (clouds) the best.

Thanks bsharp. It appears that is the consensus. Appreciate you taking the time to comment. thumb.gif