Vincent + Andy + Tech Radio!!!

Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
edited September 29, 2008 in Cameras
Just tuned into my favorite radio show, Leo Laporte "The Tech Guy"

...and what do I hear, but the voice of Vincent Laforet and Andy Williams! Talking about the beautiful footage Reverie, captured with the 5D mk2 and almost zero true "video" equipment.

Small world! I usually can't tune into Leo's show because I'm busy photographing a wedding or other event on Saturday / Sunday, but I try to listen whenever I can.

Leo doesn't touch much on the high-end professional DSLR's, and his knowledge is a bit sketchy when it comes to specific specs, (He's said over and over that Sony is making the D3 sensor, when it is Nikon's home-grown design...) but in general the guy is brilliant and can answer ANY question you might have.

I definitely recommend the show for any who are geeks and want to learn about stuff other than cameras. I have learned so much!

http://techguylabs.com/radio/pmwiki.php

I REALLY look forward to joining or being a part of any collaboration with the 5D mk2! It is going to be a great bridge camera and with Canon's f/1.2 etc. L lenses, the amazing high ISO performance, it will definitely change the way video is captured...

Take care all,
=Matt=
My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum

Comments

• PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    Okay Matt, yours is the third post pointing to a notional interview (Vincent and Andy provided their own) and all I've been hearing for the past 20 minutes is an inane conversation about tacos. Honestly this is worse that AM radio. Is everybody having me on?

Is this the death of editing?
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    Pindy wrote:
    Okay Matt, yours is the third post pointing to a notional interview (Vincent and Andy provided their own) and all I've been hearing for the past 20 minutes is an inane conversation about tacos. Honestly this is worse that AM radio. Is everybody having me on?

Oh I'm sorry Pindy, they're off-air now, you do NOT need to listen to whatever nonsense they're talking about now! The actual "Tech Guy" show goes from 11 AM to 2 PM, I think.

I do see that Andy mentioned it in the thread about Vincent's video, oops I'm sorry if this topic is a duplicate!

=Matt=
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    Pindy wrote:

I was looking via both links and it seems that the shows are posted online 1 week after the original broadcast.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
    Okay I must have just missed it, but I think only by a couple minutes. Seriously though Laporte: My TiVo is a better use of technology than your webcasts. The internet is supposed to make hearing your content a lot more convenient than if I was a slave to your schedule. That's some outdated paradigm, man. You've been warned!!! [/Crankiness]

Matt & jdryan3, thanks anyway for the heads up.
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    Pindy wrote:
    Okay I must have just missed it, but I think only by a couple minutes. Seriously though Laporte: My TiVo is a better use of technology than your webcasts. The internet is supposed to make hearing your content a lot more convenient than if I was a slave to your schedule. That's some outdated paradigm, man. You've been warned!!! [/Crankiness]

Matt & jdryan3, thanks anyway for the heads up.

Haha! Well it's not Leo's fault that they don't make TiVo for the radio yet! Actually I'm sure they do, and as it was mentioned, the shows are archived and available in a week or so...

=Matt=
    edited September 29, 2008
    Awaiting transmission! Matt, your blog is great. Became a recent reader.