I'm not sure if this is macro...

ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited September 28, 2008 in Holy Macro
This is as close up as my 18-200mm can focus and I wasn't sure if it belonged in wildlife or macro. I figured since it is a bug I'd try it out here. C & C, especially on the critique side, is more than welcome.

359119302_jXUv9-L.jpg

Taken about a half hour before sunset, all natural light.

Thanks for looking and I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    LOvely light in this :)- not a macro but counts as a closeup I think.
    Brian v.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    This is as close up as my 18-200mm can focus and I wasn't sure if it belonged in wildlife or macro. I figured since it is a bug I'd try it out here. C & C, especially on the critique side, is more than welcome.

Taken about a half hour before sunset, all natural light.

Thanks for looking and I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread.

Hi Zarathustra,

I like the light, though the image appears a little soft on the focus,
    and has an odd color cast to it.

Thought about adding some Kenko's ?? they should get you a lot closer.

Good shot, thanks for sharing thumb.gif ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ZarathustraZarathustra Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    The lens that I shot this with, a Sony SAL18200, gets fairly soft at both ends. My Alpha 100 has been a wonderful little camera but if I could go back in time and unmercifully beat myself for not going with Nikon or Canon I would. As far as performance goes it is a wonderful system but far too easily outgrown. I'm in the process of "gracefully" transitioning to Nikon but it is going to be a while. Since I'm moving to a new system I'm making due with what I have and not throwing any more glass into my Alpha so the teleconverters are not on my list of things to get for a while. As far as the color cast goes it was SOOC. The light was just really sweet on some already very warm flowers. Does the color look really off or just off enough to look weird? Thanks for the comments!