Last Minute Shot

purifiedpurified Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
edited May 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you think of this photo? Compared to my matches one, I know this one fits more... but I'm torn... agh!

abstract.png

My original attempt
Matches.png
Purified Photography
Updated June 5 2007

-Kelly

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    I see your problem. One fits the challenge theme better and the other has more pizzazz. You have to go with your gut. I had the same dilemma and went with the one that fit the challenge better (IMHO). But I am still torn so maybe it was the wrong decision. ne_nau.gif Oh well. It was fun trying though, wasn't it! :D

Virginia

Email
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    While I think your new shot is great (I like your artistic eye!), I think the matches shot works better for the challenge topic.

Your matches shot is one of my favorites so far.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    I like both shots, but your new one seems to fit the challenge better. The matches is a great photo, but I'm not sure the judges will feel it is both a "pattern AND repetition". This certainly is open to interpretation.

mitch
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    Very nice shot, I love the honey amber color of it. The shot is strangly relaxing but I too like the matches shot alot and think it fits the challenge better
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2005
    I think they are both great shots. clap.gifclap.gif

And I have not "known" what really fits this challenge since the beginning. I went with a photo I thought, hoped, fit the challenge, that I love so much....
    well, I could be hurt if it is not picked, but I will still have the photo, love it and think I could have done no better. That is what I did, this time.

I hope to go back to my slacker ways. I shot birds yesterday. I have not taken a day off of photography, or a night, in several weeks. I am shot.

I really do love both of your photos, I do think the matches are a safer entry, but then, in the end, I don't think I know anything.

ginger:confused
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.