Weekend Snapshots

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited September 29, 2008 in People
My youngest had a homecoming dance this weekend....thought I'd share a few of the shots.

-1 Final preparations
382052694_q6KRu-S.jpg

-2 Outdoors, waiting for her date to arrive...
382028450_b4L5G-S.jpg

382029992_DeojG-M.jpg

-4 With Mom
382055513_op7Sb-S.jpg

382032797_Abj7A-S.jpg

382033833_D3CE5-M.jpg

382060275_uw2NS-L.jpg

382034927_xAQUN-M.jpg

-9 We eventually met some other kids at a friend's house for more photos.
382084668_zyqEg-S.jpg

382073408_LdkuK-M.jpg

382071748_H7mff-L.jpg

382040141_WJovR-M.jpg

-13....The king?...queen?...
382049552_FNruC-S.jpg
382049913_FZG6Q-S.jpg

Comments

• AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    Haha ... the last 2 are just too cute rolleyes1.gif

Nice series Jeff, was already missing shots of your daughters! You sure have a good looking family!! clap.gif
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    While the dogs steal the show....haha...the other pictures are very good :D

I love your use of interesting angles that still work exceptionally well at capturing the moment- ie. 1, 4, 5, 10 and 12. They are just slightly out of the ordinary and your command of the light make them excellent shots.
    I'm sure she will be very pleased with all of them- especially since that dress is VERY nice.
    Cheers,
    a.
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    Love the lighting and dof. thumb.gif Great looking family you have you are one lucky guy! Can you share your technique for the vignetting? done in camera raw or some other way? Thanks for sharing.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Haha ... the last 2 are just too cute rolleyes1.gif

Nice series Jeff, was already missing shots of your daughters! You sure have a good looking family!! clap.gif

Thanks Angie.....hey...they look just like me.....only with hair...blonde hair!
    While the dogs steal the show....haha...the other pictures are very good :D

I love your use of interesting angles that still work exceptionally well at capturing the moment- ie. 1, 4, 5, 10 and 12. They are just slightly out of the ordinary and your command of the light make them excellent shots.
    I'm sure she will be very pleased with all of them- especially since that dress is VERY nice.
    Cheers,
    a.

Thanks,

I am a firm believer in varying camera angles to produce...more interesting looking shots. I am glad you commented on the light as I was doing some experimentation with multiple sources in several of these.

Thank you for your kind remarks.
    Love the lighting and dof. thumb.gif Great looking family you have you are one lucky guy! Can you share your technique for the vignetting? done in camera raw or some other way? Thanks for sharing.

The obvious vignettes are done in Lightroom. The less obvious in photoshop. I prefer the latter, but often use LR vignettes if I am trying to avoid spending a lot of time in CS3.

Thanks for having a look and taking the time to comment.:D
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    Looks like she had a fun time Jeff. Pretty smiles and angles. Love the doggie shots too..way funny. Looking forward to a whole year of photos of your lovely daughter....who knows....maybe when the other comes to visit from school you could get em both mwink.gif Thanks for sharing!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    Great set! Beautiful daughter and wife (do you ever get tired of hearing that?)! Your daughter's date, especially in 8 and 11...he's just crackin' me up (in a good way). He looks like he's won the lottery and isn't quite sure what to do with it, and his braces and freckles and hair...love it...somehow reminds me of The Andy Griffith Show. :D
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    Swartzy wrote:
    Looks like she had a fun time Jeff. Pretty smiles and angles. Love the doggie shots too..way funny. Looking forward to a whole year of photos of your lovely daughter....who knows....maybe when the other comes to visit from school you could get em both mwink.gif Thanks for sharing!

Ahem.....
    382035989_Dppuq-S.jpg

Do ya think she would let her baby sis run off on a homecoming date without helping her look her best and being there to pester her for all the gossip upon her return?rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for commenting...:D
    Elaine wrote:
    Great set! Beautiful daughter and wife (do you ever get tired of hearing that?)! Your daughter's date, especially in 8 and 11...he's just crackin' me up (in a good way). He looks like he's won the lottery and isn't quite sure what to do with it, and his braces and freckles and hair...love it...somehow reminds me of The Andy Griffith Show. :D

...and you are cracking me uprolleyes1.gif ...in a good way.

I have it on good authority that he is a good guy. She is an excellent judge of character, so ....

...and it was worse than these photos show. He knew all of us! He does not go to her school, so he felt like a fish out of water and only knew her and maybe a couple other kids. THATS being a good sport.:D

So whadaya think of the light in 10 and 11? I used one flash on...another off the camera. Experimenting as always.mwink.gif