My Rachel.

Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
edited September 28, 2008 in People
Grabbed a portrait of the lass this evening - she wanted me to do her picture, so as a doting daddy does, here is my attempt.

800forumface4frame2.jpg

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    I like the quality of the light and the simple brick wall background. Her expression is very natural. The only thing is that her skin is looking a little too red to me.

Caroline
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    Paul Iddon wrote:
    Grabbed a portrait of the lass this evening - she wanted me to do her picture, so as a doting daddy does, here is my attempt.

800forumface4frame2.jpg

Paul.

A good attempt Paul but the focus is not just quite right. Which lens did you use and the settings? Can I say a beautiful looking daughter and lets give her justice. I am sure the more professionals will explain the problems you have encountered.
    Regards
    Bob
    canon400d wrote:
    A good attempt Paul but the focus is not just quite right. I am sure the more professionals will explain the problems you have encountered.
    Regards
    Bob

Well, it looks to me like he was going for a soft effect, like a painting. So, I personally don't have a problem with the focus. Her face seems in focus to me, but then softened. Paul? Comments on the processing and what you were going for?

Caroline
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    The focus is virtually spot on the eye, but I have used A dreamsuite soft focus effect to give it that dreamy look, but in a layer which still allowed me to erase back a little on the eyes.

The full size image (not 800 pixels like here) looks a lot sharper than you can perceive on a forum.

Paul.

Paul Iddon wrote:
    The focus is virtually spot on the eye, but I have used A dreamsuite soft focus effect to give it that dreamy look, but in a layer which still allowed me to erase back a little on the eyes.

The full size image (not 800 pixels like here) looks a lot sharper than you can perceive on a forum.

Paul.

That's about what I thought, Paul. So, it comes down to a question of taste. I like this portrait and its dreamy look. The fact that the eyes are in focus should keep the viewer from feeling like the photo is out of focus.

Does your daughter like it?

Caroline
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins

Does your daughter like it?

Caroline

She does indeed!

Paul.

Paul Iddon wrote:
    She does indeed!

Paul.

I long for the day that my daughters will actually ASK me to photograph them, instead of the other way around!

Caroline