Forlorn and Forgotten

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited September 29, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
These sad trees, on the Atlantic Ocean side of Georgia's Jekyll Island, have been uprooted and ravaged by years and years of storms. You can almost hear the trees calling you in a plaintive voice....wanting to tell you their story.

382098307_VFAye-XL.jpg
382098325_uf6iE-XL.jpg
382098239_E3sNK-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Anselina AdamsAnselina Adams Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    Howdy Tom
    Howdy Tom,

What a neat collection of limbs and trees, makes you wonder the places where they all have come from.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Very nice indeed Tom. I particularly like #2 & especially # 3 as the larger blue areas of the water and sky seem to accentuate the starkness of the weathered limbs.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Hi Anselina, Craig, and Jack,

Thanks for looking in. All these trees are on National Park Service land and have been left as you see them for years. I stumbled upon this area by accident when out riding a bike on a trail that circles the perimeter of the island.....about a 20 mile ride. It's an old cliche, but pictures don't do this scene justice. To see such an expanse of trees in this shape is amazing.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.