Of Wildmen, Pirates and Washer Woman

photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
edited May 2, 2005 in People
Went to the Renaissance Fair today at Sante Fe Dam Rec Area. What an experiance. Not sure if it was because of May Day or if it was just a normal day but the fair was packed. What an incredible journey I had through this land that goes back in time. I shot over 400 candid portraits on the day it will take a while to sift through them all but if you will allow me a bit of a story I will share a few here that stuck in my head today.

Shortly upon our arrival in this mystical land I was set upon by a brigand of Pirates led by none other then Captain Jack Sparrow. He nearly shot me down with his musket but alass, I was quciker on the draw

21039308-L.jpg

After my narrow escape I come upon a traveling scholar who offered me a smoke

21047980-L.jpg

After enjoying me smoke with the fine lad I moved on down the trail only to be beset upon by a tribe of wildmen. The King of this trib was a bit long in the tooth.

21047983-L.jpg

Old as he was his bride and Queen was a georgeos creature to be sure

21047985-L.jpg

After nearly loosing my skin to the wildmen I found my way to a local tavern where I was greeted by this boisterous lass of a bar maid.

21042187-L.jpg

Refreshed and throughly nurished on Grog and and the leg of some foul Fowl I was greeted by the Washer Woman. She claimed to only want to wash me cloths but the look in her eye told me to beware that she had far more devious plans in mind if I let her get her hands on me pants.

21042185-L.jpg

and there ends this chapter of the story of my travels through the magical world of Ren.

You may find the saga continues over the next few days. The curious may find that some chapters will be rendered in full and glorious color and while others may be interspersed with images of various shades of grey at my SmugMug site
Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
"The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"

Comments