Need some help with #9 choices

bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited September 28, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm having a hard time choosing which of the following to enter.

382358701_p38pS-S.jpg
This was taken at 'dusk'. I like it, but does it say 'dusk' the same as a sunset or sunrise? Or does it even need to? (I just read a thread 'Having trouble with DSS #9', that says sunsets are OK, "but a portrait taken during the "golden hour", or a robin on the lawn at dawn, will also work equally well.") So I guess this would work. The question then is, do you like it better than the others in this post.

382359902_REVEh-S.jpg
I like this one, but it is crooked, and it's too centered - I'd like the capitol building more to the left, but I can't straighten it out, or crop in PS :(:

382361186_mFdF4-S.jpg
I like this one, but the colors aren't as bright as the previous, then again, I like the lights inside the capitol building.

382362015_AzcMM-S.jpg
Another one I like, but there is a light pole in the upper left hand corner, and I can't crop it out. I took several shots and various different angles, but I couldn't see the light pole through the viewfinder, so I didn't know I should have moved the camera ever so slightly.

I had to travel a long distance to get each of these photos, so it's not like I can go back and try again. I took a lot of shots in each location, and these are the best of each.

I would be very interested in which you like the best.
Thanks,

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 28, 2008
    I like #2 the best out of all of these...but as you said it is a little too centered. Any chance of you getting a reshoot?headscratch.gif
  • bsharpbsharp Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    I like #2 the best out of all of these...but as you said it is a little too centered. Any chance of you getting a reshoot?headscratch.gif

I wish. I had to wait a week for a day that had some clouds in the sky. If I see a day that has a good potential I may be able to try again before the deadline.

Thanks for your comments.
    Brad.