#9 good enough??

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited September 30, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok..this am I went out at 6am and drove for 30 minutes to get to a spot that had lots of open space to see the dawn. Although it was freezing out and didn't help my lungs any...this is what I came up with...although I am thinking on changing it to my original thought on an entry if I can get it to work.....However...is this shot worth leaving in???
382455003_pV8tW-XL-7.jpg

Also...since I didn't take this into psp to post process I had to use a signature mark that is in smugmug. In your opinionl does it look too big??? Usually my signature marks are smaller when I put them on in psp. This one should only take up 1/3 the corner pic...not 1/2...but smugmug makes it this size.

Here are a couple more that I am concidering...
382423886_CrMZi-L.jpg
382577451_W58Xt-L.jpg

To see the rest of the gallery that was shot today go...
http://jagcreations.smugmug.com/gallery/6091307_gpTkP#382455003_pV8tW

Comments

• NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2008
    Hi, All three are very pretty, and I commend you for making the effort!~

Looks like you have chosen the first photo which is really excellent for no processing. [I use PSP as well, we sure are not in the majority! ;~)]
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    I think all three are excellent. You couldn't go wrong with any of these.

Dan
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    Nice work...all three.
    Growing with Dgrin

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 30, 2008
    Thanks all for your replies.

I went ahead and added my signature mark in psp and entered that one since I didn't change anything else...I kept the original in my album too without the psp signature mark. I just do not want to get disqualified for the smugmug mark that seems too big. It does say we could add our signature mark as long as its small...so thats all I did in psp.deal.gif Now there is a modification date on the exif that is different than the picture taken. I think I should ask the moderators if this is ok or if I should add the original exif....I am so confused!headscratch.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    Hope you're feeling better, Joyce!

All three of these shots are DSS 9 - worthy. thumb.gif

As for the modification date don't worry about it. It's going to be there if you've added a watermark or converted the photo from RAW to JPEG. ne_nau.gif The main thing is that you've not made any other changes to the photo. There's a discussion here about that:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=93414&page=28
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    I like #1 the most. The colors are great and I've got a thing about sihlouettes. thumb.gif

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book