Autum apples and some leafs

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited September 30, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I got asked to take some autum photos and this is the result.

They will be printed as 2 seperate images but i put em together for use on the web.

382976311_wiDyp-XL.jpg

C&C

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Why such a narrow DOF in both images? The apples themselves are out of focus in the first image. And my eye doesn't know where to go in the second. I'm not really sure what I'm looking at.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    It´s simple..I like narrow DOF and artistic photos.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    Arvan wrote:
    It´s simple..I like narrow DOF and artistic photos.

Arvan. Sorry for the quick, curt comments. I wasn't trying to be mean. I understand the artistic. I think. rolleyes1.gif But I just don't see it working in these images. I don't get the "reason" that the apples are out of focus. Why just a few of the leaves in the front in focus? And what's that crumply yellow thing in the front left? Why is that in focus? My eye hunts for what I'm supposed to look at. But that's just me. Sorry to be an old curmudgeon.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    Hehe no damage done..I don´t have a reason for placing just one apple in focus and just random focus on the second. Do you have to have a reason?..

I got payed to do something with autum..What i thought of it was just this :D color and a some what insecure feeling.

When i started to take photos i was just all about doing it right..In focus, right composition, right PP...Now i think that it´s not the technical aspects of a photo that makes it good, it´s the mood.

We all see this different i know :) anyhow the person who wanted the photos was very very pleased indeed.
  • BlakerBlaker Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    I've gotta agree with JeffMeyers- I don't really get what you're trying to present with these photos. At least the first one, despite the lack of focus, is recognizable . But the second photo is just a hot mess. There is no center of interest, and the whole thing is OOF. It is dark and doesn't show much 'autumn color', and what's with the huge white blob in the background?
    Sorry, I just don't get it.

I'm just curious what these photos will be used for?

Arvan wrote:
    Hehe no damage done..I don´t have a reason for placing just one apple in focus and just random focus on the second. Do you have to have a reason?..

I got payed to do something with autum..What i thought of it was just this :D color and a some what insecure feeling.

When i started to take photos i was just all about doing it right..In focus, right composition, right PP...Now i think that it´s not the technical aspects of a photo that makes it good, it´s the mood.

We all see this different i know :) anyhow the person who wanted the photos was very very pleased indeed.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    I, too, find the first picture barely tolerable....the OOF issue really stunts its effect. The second picture I find to be hopelessly beset with critical faults. It, too, is way OOF but that could be a matter of personal preference. The small, specular points of light, however, completely ruin the picture. I don't see any "artsy " approach to this. I just see a bad photo.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.