my old people's set

8zil8zil Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited October 16, 2008 in People
I have an exposition regarding people of old age in Mexico, it will be 20 pictures, so far I have four, maybe five.... tell me what you think:

1732289174_678affea4c_b.jpg2895240869_cea07c8e3a_b.jpg2889099514_f17a052ab4_b.jpgDSC_2176.jpg

I do intend to mix colour and black and white, depending if it fits the picture or not (I never shoot black and white, usually do the conversion later).... this is what I have so far... your thoughts?

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Hi here is what i would have done.

1: reflect some light back to his face and some simple background.
    2: Again background is distracting
    3: Soft ! and that white on top left is distracting. And i would have zoomed to get rid of ear.
    4: Seems good.

Amazing characters !

Anyway lets hear from gurus !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    I know it's kind of odd, but I love old people. The first fellow is wonderful and as Awais said I would have liked to see more light in his face. The hat is wonderful though.

I also like the third one, however, I would have liked just a step to the left so we could see more of his eye or face. I would leave the ear alone however. Yep, it's ugly but that's part of the unique quality of the elderly.

In all our lives our noses and ears are the only part of our body that continue to grow. His scruffy hair and his hunched shoulders, I love this shot.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/