Faisal Mosque HDR

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi

383187034_tfzJb-L.jpg

I used hoya pro 1 UV filter and found absolutly no distortion pleased with results.
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    Hi

383187034_tfzJb-L.jpg

I used hoya pro 1 UV filter and found absolutly no distortion pleased with results.

A first class shot Awais. I have been looking at HDR on photoshop CS3. How many shots do you take to produce something like this. Is there a set number of shots to take for HDR as I am not sure exactly what to do.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Hello Bob

It depends. But usually what i do is braket at +2, 0 and -2. but them in Photomatix, tone mapping and save and do some tweaking in PS.

Here is HDR creating with 1 photo. In this one just over and under expose to one image in photoshop to creat two more files and put all three (two new one orignal) in HDR software. Google some tutorial there are many in youtube !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    Maybe scale down the HDR a bit? Why so light? It looks way to unnatural. I would think you would want something that would look more natural against the dark blue sky. I think this has a lot of potential, but I think you need to tweak your HDR settings a bit.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Maybe scale down the HDR a bit? Why so light? It looks way to unnatural. I would think you would want something that would look more natural against the dark blue sky. I think this has a lot of potential, but I think you need to tweak your HDR settings a bit.

Ahan
    Thanks Jeff for input. I will try that when i will return from village.

Cheers

My Gallery
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    Ahan
    Thanks Jeff for input. I will try that when i will return from village.

Cheers

Thanks Awais for replying I have found your reply very useful indeed and it has given me something to work on.
    Regards
    Bob
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    I like the shot Awais, and I have been playing with HDR as well. I would crop out about 80-90% of the foreground grass as it detracts from the overall image (imo).

Best,

Dan
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    I'm pleased with the results, too! Gorgeous light all-around and a very nice use of HDR thumb.gif