A late summer's evening in the fields.

thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
edited October 3, 2008 in Landscapes
I can't resist these circular hay bales when I see them, I love the way the low sun catches them.

383250857_uwZ6j-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Charlie

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    I like the star, and the lean of the fence compared to the lean of the bale.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Wow this is amazing !
    loved that star
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    Thanks guys, I like the sun star although I know it's not to everyone's tastes, I tried the image without it and I prefer it included.

Charlie
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Charlie!!

What? Who doesn't love Muench stars? :toni

That's a great shot, lovely colors! I bet it looks even better bigger!
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    Great image Charlie. I think the star works in this photo. The composition is perfect.
    schmoo wrote:
    Charlie!!

What? Who doesn't love Muench stars? :toni

That's a great shot, lovely colors! I bet it looks even better bigger!

Thanks Schmoo, I think the friend of my sister's hairdresser's uncle's window cleaner once said their nephew's plumber's father-in-law wasn't keen on Muench Stars, hard to believe I know ne_nau.gifD

I have to confess it does look rather nice larger but I can never decide whether to watermark and post bigger or just post small, since Sid Saw his piccie in a movie... without permission I'm too paranoid to post anything of useable resolution.

Charlie
    Travis wrote:
    Great image Charlie. I think the star works in this photo. The composition is perfect.

Thanks Travis thumb.gif

I shot this with the intention of cropping 2:1 or 10:4, 2:1 worked for me, I like the overall balance.

Charlie
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    Travis wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif Very nice work!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited October 1, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Very nice work!

Cheers Jeff!

Charlie
  • Fred WFred W Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Hay now:D , Charlie, the star definately enhances the scene. Good job !!! thumb.gif
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Excellent Image! The lighting is brilliant! clap.gifthumb.gif I love how the field falls off into the horizon in your composition, for it makes the image interesting to me! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Sweet! I like the composition and post-processing on this one. The only time I see these hay bales they're covered (I guess to protect them from getting rained on). I drove by a field of these today that had faces painted on them (country-style graffiti).
    edited October 2, 2008
    Fred W wrote:
    Hay now:D , Charlie, the star definately enhances the scene. Good job !!! thumb.gif

Cheers Fred!! thumb.gif

Charlie
    edited October 2, 2008
    BBiggs wrote:
    Excellent Image! The lighting is brilliant! clap.gifthumb.gif I love how the field falls off into the horizon in your composition, for it makes the image interesting to me! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks, I do love the evening sun, although I must haul myself out of bed one morning and see what the dawn brings.

Charlie
    edited October 2, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Sweet! I like the composition and post-processing on this one. The only time I see these hay bales they're covered (I guess to protect them from getting rained on). I drove by a field of these today that had faces painted on them (country-style graffiti).

Thanks very much, yes there seems to be more and more of them now covered in black plastic and it's really not very photogenic, the face painting sounds interesting thought, did you stop to take a pic?

Charlie
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2008
    thebigsky wrote:
    Thanks very much, yes there seems to be more and more of them now covered in black plastic and it's really not very photogenic, the face painting sounds interesting thought, did you stop to take a pic?

Charlie

Nope, I had just finished doing an 8-mile hike in the sun with no water (d'oh) and was racing to a gas station to get something to drink :D