Moto Photos is Hard Work...

ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
edited September 30, 2008 in Sports
So, I love seeing motorcycling pictures though I've never shot at a track before. My targets have always been the slower street version :D

The opportunity to hit Infineon Raceway for a track day presented itself. Let me just say this. I have a much greater appreciation for the effort required to shoot motorsport. I had a great time and I think I learned a lot (still chewing on some of it).

Here are a couple from today.

This guy crashed right in front of me. Highside. I was looking for another rider and missed the shot. He walked away and nothing seemed to come off the bike either :D

383309250_YkZRV-XL.jpg

This guy was in the B group and really worked hard to stay with the group.

383311825_xFxHh-XL.jpg

An idea of what he was up against.

383306995_24hjA-XL.jpg

I spent a couple of hours in the sun. Didn't walk too far, at least not like Zippy--I was hot and tired when I finished. I'm gonna try again--that was just too much fun. Not to mention I need to work on that tack sharpness that's missing from these.
Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Nice shots.

But no BMWs? ;)rolleyes1.gif

Oh wait, I own a VFR also:D
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    Great shots - I like the first one! I hope you werent on the outside of the corner when the rider highsided! Picture was taken with a long lens right?! I too do track days, i did one a couple weeks back and everything was perfect- awesome light, riders giving it all as its probably the last track day for the year... sigh...! I can post a couple if you are interested!
    ...more to come!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    I was on the outside corner...he slid straight for me...but i was standing midway up the grandstand :D

The course is protected by fence and barricade as well.

No BMW's. Well, there might have been a k1200s but he only made a couple of laps and i wasn't paying too much attention (there to shoot something else).
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    Some good shots in there thumb.gif